BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole FrankHas Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 2, 2009 at 11:11:19 pm

I've tried one to market my business, but didn't care for it and got poor results. Has anyone else had experience with bulk emailing? Which programs would you recommend?

I'd prefer one that sends the mail to people on an opt-in list if possible.

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 4:08:03 am

Hey Nicole.

Word of mouth and client references is the absolutely best way to get clients.

I find emails to easy goes into the delete box (which is what I tend to do myself with spam). However, you can buy mailing lists or services of email marketing companies. I've never used them, but a good advice is first to decide what your target market is? How to follow up on any inquiries? + the basics of having a good website, just in case you do get a hit.

All the Best
Mads
London, UK

Mac Million Ltd. - HD Production & Editing
Please watch our latest video on Data Protection at

Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/bigflopproductions

Return to posts index

denise quesnelRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 5:15:04 am

I really don't recommend doing bulk emailing, otherwise known as spamming. There is opt in newsletter programs out there but the receiver must ALWAYS opt in to it first. If you already have a good website, you would add the newsletter button and let it do its magic.

However, just spamming people is a really bad way of advertising your business and a really good way of getting yourself a bad name. I know of someone who spammed and it cost him a lot of money and out of hundreds of emails he sent out, none resulted in work, but hundreds of people who may have taken him seriously before did not anymore.

Like Mads said above, word of mouth is by far the best form of advertising, and by choosing a target market and providing excellent service to that market you will get repeat clients and referrals. It may take longer than other marketing methods but is by far the most effective.

My website has a blog attached and people can choose to have an RSS feed from the blog - it works similar to a newsletter and marketing material for me.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 1:31:43 pm

Nope. In fact I ignore just about all the emails that come my way soliciting services. The only ones I even read are those who were referred to me by someone I trust.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Dan BrockettRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 6:25:17 pm

I agree, a waste of kilobytes. A lot of electrons are killed to generate those e-mails and spamming just wastes this precious, natural resource.

Do you think any professionals would take you seriously if you spam them? Most people I know HATE anyone who sends them spam and will purposely go out of their way to not ever do business with those companies. I know I am that way.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 6:30:16 pm

an opt-in newsletter is what you should do. Check out Constant Contact - they have reasonable rates and triple opt-out for SPAM avoidance.

There is also a low cost Wordpress newsletter plug-in which makes it pretty easy to send very basic newsletters - but again, these need to be based upon users signing up on your website.

There are huge companies such as e-dialog that do this type of work for big companies, including on-line marketing promotions with lots of data tracking performance of the campaign, but it is all as a result of a user ASKING to receive mail.

We have a contractor who uses Constant Contact to keep in touch with her customers but not more than once a month.

Mike

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 8:17:49 pm

This is an interesting thread. Last year I started doing legal work for a few court reporting firms as a "bread and butter" income producer. Both of the firms I did work for are extremely happy with my services and have given me great testimonials. With the economy, work has slowed dramatically and I want to start marketing to more firms. So aside from an email blitz to the gazzilion court reporting firms in my service area. How should I market my product? Cold calling? Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 8:30:33 pm

Hey Mick.

Sounds specialized to me, so find out who is the person within those potential new clients that would be doing the hiring? If possible once you have their name, ask them whether you can 1) demonstrate your ability & 2) offer you services - if they say no; ask why not? Since you are the best and most cost effective as proven by your existing clients, they should at least try you.

A much faster way could be to ask your happy clients whether they would mind recommend you, or if they know people that would be happy for you to contact. Nothing beats a letter that starts with "Mr. Jones of Abe Law Firm suggested that I should introduce my services to yourself... bla.bla.bla. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, at your convenience I would very much like the opportunity to meet with you to show some of my work and references."

All the Best
Mads
London, UK

Mac Million Ltd. - HD Production & Editing
Please watch our latest video on Data Protection at

Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/bigflopproductions

Return to posts index

John BaumchenRe: Has Anyone Had Success With Bulk Emailing Programs?
by on Feb 4, 2009 at 9:56:23 pm

Can't disagree with the spam thing. I usually delete and add the sender to my spam filter.

If you're looking for a good marketing tool, I would say that attending networking events that lean towards your target market is your best bet.

Since you're a serviced based business, visibility is key. If people don't know you exist....... The most important thing I learned while self employed is that people do business with people they know and trust. Networking is the best way to establish those relationships.

Check out your local chamber of commerce, rotary, associations.... Good hunting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]