BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Filming crew support

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafael AmadorFilming crew support
by on Dec 16, 2008 at 3:45:20 pm

Dear friends of the B7M forum,
I've been contacted by a production company that want to come to shot in Laos.
They are looking for somebody who knows the country and language and can arrange for them permissions, transport, accommodation, manage the cash and assist the crew on shoot, etc, etc..
The crew will be three persons and I have to supply a driver-assistant too. The job would be for three weeks traveling to remote areas.
For me is a very interesting opportunity to work with other people and of changing from being behind the camera or in front of the computer.
How much should I ask for my services?
How much a Production Company (belonging to an strong(?) media group would be ready to pay?
Whatever tip, idea or consideration that would help me to face this new experience and present them a quotation is very much appreciated.
Sorry I don't know the name of the job to make a search.
They call it a "fixer".

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Filming crew support
by on Dec 17, 2008 at 6:22:58 am

[Rafael Amador] "They call it a "fixer". "

A "fixer"? I would think that the term would be closer to "Location Ambassador" or something else with lots of letters. We did this once in Dallas and paid someone $350 a day to perform the same service for 3 days, plus expenses. Ummmm. That we around 12 years ago.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: Filming crew support
by on Dec 17, 2008 at 9:50:03 am

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your help.
350 US$ of 12 years ago is a bunch of today's dollars.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved