BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

CRM software - customer/lead tracking

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt ShermanCRM software - customer/lead tracking
by on Dec 8, 2008 at 8:38:00 pm

We currently use a combo of email, calendar and paper to keep track of client leads, followups, etc. Looking for a better solution and a great place to store client contacts.

What do you all use?

I've been looking at SugarCRM as it seems to be a great open source, and free option.

Return to posts index

Timothy J. AllenRe: CRM software - customer/lead tracking
by on Dec 9, 2008 at 2:14:48 am

It's hard to know what might be right for you, depending on the size of your business and the level of service you want, but I know a lot of people who swear by "Salesforce".

Then again, if you don't need that many features, you probably don't want to pay a monthly fee. You usually get what you pay for, but I'm not familiar with Sugar CRM. It may just work for you.

Return to posts index

Brendan CootsRe: CRM software - customer/lead tracking
by on Dec 9, 2008 at 7:39:11 am

Honestly I like the idea of building your own system using a tool like Filemaker Pro. This way you can limit the features to just those that your team needs, but it also offers near limitless expansion possibilities.

My studio built our own CRM with Filemaker, and it eventually turned into a full blown project management system, employee/contractor system, script/storyboard manager etc. If you really want to get nutty, you can even log and capture footage through Filemaker for tracking clips.

You could probably hire a Filemaker developer to build a basic CRM app and buy Filemaker licenses for your team for the same cost as outfitting everyone with an off-the-shelf system with no flexibility in features.

BTW, SugarCRM doesn't look free based on their web site, all I saw was a free trial and several pay options.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: CRM software - customer/lead tracking
by on Dec 9, 2008 at 7:48:19 am

Filemaker is GREAT, but you can also look into its baby brother Bento.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved