BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

runway model Stock footage

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Ashby
runway model Stock footage
on Dec 8, 2008 at 7:23:56 pm

I hope this post is in the right category.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions in finding stock footage. In particular, i need footage of a runway model, preferably a silhouette or something I can key. i can rotoscope if I need to. I have not used much stock footage before except when a client had provided it. I searched Art Beats with no avail and am currently looking though others. Any suggestion for good stock libraries?

Adam Ashby
mutli-media artist
http://www.adamashby.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: runway model Stock footage
on Dec 8, 2008 at 7:28:20 pm

Try istockphoto.com

They have great stuff, and are absolutely dirt cheap, especially when compared to Getty, etc.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 8, 2008 at 7:59:25 pm

[Todd Terry] "Try istockphoto.com... They have great stuff, and are absolutely dirt cheap, especially when compared to Getty, etc."

They were bought-out by Getty a few months back. Getty smartly figured, if we can't beat 'em, let's buy 'em.

Lots of people forking over relatively small sums of cash in advance from their credit cards, turned out to be better than any business model Getty had come up with in their many years of doing business.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Dec 8, 2008 at 9:43:40 pm

I just completed a project using lots of stock footage. I found pond5.com has a decent selection and reasonable prices.

That's interesting about istockphoto being bought by Getty - did not know that - we use them a lot for both stills and video.

Speaking of models, did anyone else catch the HD broadcast of the Viscoria's Secret show last week - it was stunning picture quality (to say nothing of the subject matter).

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]