BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd O'NeillNeed Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 20, 2008 at 5:24:42 pm

Hello all

I'm programming the MCA-I ProTrack Conference at the end of the month. Our Running a Successful Production Business speaker had to cancel. I'm looking for someone to fill his shoes and speak on general business practices including management, finance, marketing, etc. The speaking slot is 60 minutes long on Saturday, November 1. The speaker will receive a complimentary registration to the ProTrack event.

ProTrack is the annual conference of MCA-I. Attendees are typically experienced professionals working in-house or in production companies or as independent producers. This year's speakers include Phillip Hodgetts, Jan Ozer, Bruce Nazarian and Barry Hampe. Sessions range from business to production, podcasting and corporate social media.

MCA-I is the professional association for corporate media managers and producers. It had it start as ITVA and is celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year. Besides ProTrack it also holds the annual Golden Reel Media Festival, the only peer judged media competition, celebrating the best in corporate, government and non-profit video, film, multimedia and online projects.

Please contact me immediately if interested or can make a referral.

Thanks!

Todd O'Neill
DoingMedia
2008 MCA-I ProTrack Chair

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 21, 2008 at 1:06:50 pm

Shouldn't this be moved to the low/no pay forum??

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Todd O'NeillRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 21, 2008 at 1:50:09 pm

I was looking to find an expert form this forum. I can certainly cross post. If the moderator thinks it should be moved then so be it! :-)
Thanks!

Todd O'Neill
Managing Director
DoingMedia LLC
San Antonio, TX
doingmedia.net

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 21, 2008 at 6:36:15 pm

Todd,

I think Mick was making an innocent attempt at a funny. It's kind of an inside joke around parts.

We all understand that you really do need a speaker in a big hurry, and we all wish you luck getting someone fast. Where are you BTW, that's a good thing to mention...

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 21, 2008 at 6:59:26 pm

Looks from their website like our fearless leader Ron is currently listed to give the business lecture.
Perhaps the attendees could all take that hour to read the posts on this forum, and Walter's series of blogs about starting a business.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 22, 2008 at 1:17:26 am

[Mike Cohen] "Looks from their website like our fearless leader Ron is currently listed to give the business lecture."

Yes, I was going to speak there but on September 12th I wrote the following letter to them...
Hello Todd,

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to speak at this event, which is sad for me as I really wanted to. My son and grandson were just killed and things are very crazy here right now. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of this is that Kathlyn and I are now having to hold things together for our daughter-in-law and surviving granddaughter, the other surviving members of the family and others who are really having a horrible time with this.

I appreciate your understanding,

Ron Lindeboom
I only post this as this is really an embarrassment to me and I wish they would have pulled my name down and done me the courtesy, rather than leaving it up and making me look like a flake. I don't appreciate it one bit.

I hope their show is more organized than their ability to update their website.

The discourtesy of this is truly embarrassing and I am not happy to think that some people will show up to hear that "Lindeboom is a no-show."

Thanks, Todd. This really is quite a disservice to both your attendees and to me personally. I'd think with nearly 7 weeks notice you could have removed my name.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 22, 2008 at 5:07:04 pm

no offense to the organizers of the event, but the show's website is pretty difficult to navigate, and probably difficult to make updates. I'm sure there is a job ticket somewhere waiting to be worked on.

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Need Speaker on Running a SUccessful Production Business for conference 10/31-11/1
by on Oct 22, 2008 at 5:33:48 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "I think Mick was making an innocent attempt at a funny. It's kind of an inside joke around part"

True dat!! Jes tryin' to make a lil funny. I do sincerely wish you luck trying to find someone on such short notice.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]