BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How many circuits does it take......

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Collins
How many circuits does it take......
on Oct 16, 2008 at 9:37:15 pm

....to turn on an on- camera light.

I just found an on-camera light that has been broken for some time. Having some down time I decided to take it apart and see if I could fix it.

Now this thing is designed for smaller field cameras....we used it on a Sony VX-2100. Simple design...plug a battery into the back, flip the switch one way one light bulb came on, flip it the other way, two. Imagine my surprise when I saw the circuit board that was needed to run the thing! Capacitors, resistors, a few chips...needless to say it isn't fixed. Our engineer wants to keep it for spare parts. Well at least the light bulbs should be salvageable.

I can't imagine why it would take this much effort to simply turn on a light bulb.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: How many circuits does it take......
on Oct 16, 2008 at 11:38:49 pm

That's similar to the contents of a DVD player. Have you tried to play a DVD in the light?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Doug Collins
Re: How many circuits does it take......
on Oct 17, 2008 at 2:54:59 pm

At least a dvd player has a reason for it's complexity. :) But to simply turn on a light?

A thought just occured....I wonder if there is any electronic circuits in my flashlight....be back later, gonna take it apart next!

Doug

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Well?.....
on Oct 17, 2008 at 7:16:43 pm

DId it?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Doug Collins
Re: Well?.....
on Oct 20, 2008 at 3:46:06 pm

Nope.

A thought occured to me after my last post tho. Since the light uses the same battery as the camera, makes sense that they would have to have SOME power regulator in there.

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]