BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Help: Brand Strategy

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timmy SchmidtHelp: Brand Strategy
by on Sep 29, 2008 at 11:35:39 pm

How do I create an effective brand strategy for a record label?
Details would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Help: Brand Strategy
by on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:14:27 pm

You have to be a savvy fan first.
Then you just market to yourself. Hire appropriatly.
I see many a middle aged white guy in charge of making something hip and contemporary.
Always makes me laugh.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Help: Brand Strategy
by on Sep 30, 2008 at 2:40:34 pm

What's a "record"?

Return to posts index

Arnie SchlisselRe: Help: Brand Strategy
by on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:21:29 pm

[Timmy Schmidt] "How do I create an effective brand strategy for a record label?"

Record labels went out with the 20th century. They just haven't figured out what their declining sales mean, yet.

Post production is not an afterthought!

Return to posts index

Chris BlairRe: Help: Brand Strategy
by on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:20:23 am

Funny responses. But the original question is pretty vague. Creating a brand strategy for any company can go from simple to very complex. It can depend on budget, goals, existing market position etc.

If it's a new company, defining their market if probably the first thing to do. Who's supposed to be buying the music? Where and how will it be distributed? What marketing vehicles does the target audience view, read, listen to?

Maybe even more important, what's the culture of the company? Is it something that's unique and valuable to the potential buyer? Is it worth promoting? could go for days asking questions. I'd recommend finding a good book on branding. But I'd also caution you to avoid all the corporate "adspeak" advertising agencies spew. Keep it simple. Keep in focused. And for God's sake...MAKE IT FUN. It's music.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved