BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Marketing without spending a dime

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patricia ChengMarketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 3:40:12 am

What Marketing Strategies could I do with our spending money? Let's say I my the product I am selling is Chicken?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 1:10:56 pm

...chicken?

This forum is for the "Business and Marketing" aspects of audio-visual production businesses.

Poultry distribution sort falls outside most everyone's sphere of experience here...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 3:54:36 pm

[Tim Kolb] "This forum is for the "Business and Marketing" aspects of audio-visual production businesses. Poultry distribution sort falls outside most everyone's sphere of experience here..."

However, it seems more and more turkeys are continually marketed in Hollywood.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Rick DolishnyRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 7:07:03 pm

Damn you DRW. Beat me again.

---
Rick Dolishny
Discrete Editors COW Leader
http://www.thecreativeprocess.ca

Return to posts index

Rick DolishnyRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 7:08:35 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing

The book is excellent.

The information applies to the video and chicken business.

---
Rick Dolishny
Discrete Editors COW Leader
http://www.thecreativeprocess.ca

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 19, 2008 at 1:47:26 pm

Question may be relevant, I often get tasked with making chicken soup out of chicken (redacted) .:-)

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 19, 2008 at 2:02:13 pm

This is probably covererd in the Guerilla marketing book somewhere, but one common strategy is to have other people do the work for you as much as possible, and by that I mean to leverage the reactions and chatter of third parties to your message or product. Which is some of what viral marketing is all about anyway, using others to flog your product or idea and using their influence and credentials with the target market instead of your own.

Without spending a dime, literally? Tough to do, but on a low budget? Yes, doable. I think classically, you would try to get favorable press coverage thru cleverly-positioned releases and promotional events. I would define that as free or nearly free marketing. Of course, the more you rely on that kind of thing, the more control you give away as to where the focus goes and what the specific call to action will be, or evolve into. If you start a stampede, you can't expect to drive it with much if any precision, so once started, get the most you can out of it immediately before it swerves off course or decides to dissipate on its own. And be careful you don't make things worse for yourself instead of better...

A marketing story I got out of a Mel Bay guitar playing how-to book:

A violin maker was upset that a small fad for the novel new instrument called the guitar was hurting his market for violins. He decided to flood the market with cheap guitars with the premise that people would then burn out on their look and sound, get over the novelty, and come back to the classic violin in short order. Instead, the guitar's popularity exploded and went from a local fad to a regional phenomenon, and expanded from there.

Return to posts index

Ed DooleyRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 21, 2008 at 7:08:18 pm

Which is sort of what Patricia "Chicken" Cheng is asking us to do. :-)
Ed

[Mark Suszko] "This is probably covererd in the Guerilla marketing book somewhere, but one common strategy is to have other people do the work for you as much as possible,"

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Marketing without spending a dime
by on Sep 21, 2008 at 7:12:13 pm

A formal press release about the New & Improved deluxe Chicken.

After 10,000 years of intense breeding, the ULTIMATTE CHICKEN is here now, ready for the smooth entry into the mouths of millions. Fantastic on the palette, the new Chicken Fantastico will be in stores soon.

Anyone ordering one million pounds or more will get a coupon for a free colonoscopy at the nearest 24hr emergency clinic.

And, it tastes like rabbit.

Notice: This has nothing to do with Chick-Fill-A

>>>>>>>>>>>>

but seriously, you need a press release that drives people to a well thought out website.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]