BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Who does van graphics?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.Who does van graphics?
by on Sep 17, 2008 at 9:58:55 pm

I'm looking to get our new production van looking nice with a wrap around exterior graphic.

I saw some cool ones from the networks like fox and a local bus (Pennsylvania Cable Network)

Does anyone know who designs these?

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Who does van graphics?
by on Sep 17, 2008 at 10:16:49 pm

Most sign companies do them. They're called Vinyl wraps or automobile wraps.

Just look in the Yellow Pages for Sign companies in your area and then go check out some of their work before you buy. Prices will vary depending on how many colors and how large of an image you want.

Keep in mind, when you advertise a production company, you're saying "Lots of really expensive equipment in here." That's one reason why I never got any sort of markings for my main vehicle.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Who does van graphics?
by on Sep 17, 2008 at 10:40:52 pm

We have done a fairly large number of fleet graphics designs (and contracted the actual installation of the wraps).

We've done several vans, a box truck, a half dozen trucks with roll-up side doors, and a couple of 18-wheeler trailers (and their cabs).

Our art director already has the templates in place for just about every make/model/year vehicle there is out there... which is helpful as exact measurement of all the body panels is critical, especially for continuous designs, etc. She's really really good at it, if I do say so myself.

Vehicle wraps vary wildly... you'll find great design and poor design, great installation and terrible installation, and extremely high prices and some much more affordable. It just depends on who you use.

Contact me off list (contact info in profile) if you'd like to talk about it.

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Who does van graphics?
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 2:17:47 pm

Speaking of vans, I hired a company last year that had plain white cargo vans, but remote controlled hydraulic panels on the sides for their tripods, tape stock and lighting gear, plus the padded drawers in the back for the cameras.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Who does van graphics?
by on Sep 19, 2008 at 2:11:04 pm

I'm with Biscardi on this one. Unless you plan to have someone with the van at all times, you're just asking for all kinds of trouble. But a good compromise might be to go with removeable magnetic signs instead of vinyl. Best of both worlds; flash for the relatively few times when you need that, stealth when you don't want trouble.

I would rather spend a little on custom shirts or uniforms than graphics for the van, if I was going in that general direction. When you see a staffer in a logo shirt, you may strike up a conversation and they can act as a sales contact. ("Oh, I see you work for so-and-so?" "Yes, do you have a question about our service?...." ) The van can't speak or answer immediate questions and hold conversations like a person can, its just a billboard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved