BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

my NATPE experience

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hestermy NATPE experience
by on Aug 4, 2008 at 6:39:35 pm

I just got back from NATPE's LATV Festival.
I purchased opportunity for 500 dollars and aquired another checkmark on my life's to-do list.
If you have not been to a pitch pit, picture dating services that allow couples to get to know one another at a table for ten minutes, a timer goes off and they rotate. Exact same thing here.
Ya buy a ticket, get two garanteed appointments and then scavange for more pitches in what they call the Bull Pen.
I managed 7 pitches in the day, being extremely agressive in the Bull Pen. This was a trip I could not afford but could not afford to miss so I had to reach as many as possible. Of those seven pitches, two requested a sizzle reel and a one sheet of my show.
I left a little disappointed, hoping of course to sell a television show on the spot but this is not how it's done.
Today, I am getting many nibbles and I have no doubt my show will be airing soon as a direct result of my guts and gamble.
Dream-chasing is very expensive but, at least to me, it's far more expensive to let them slide out of reach. I can tell you this...
Bitter old men aint mad about what they did in this life. They regret what they didn't do.
If you never chase a rainbow, you'll never get the gold.
In a nutshell, I do recomend NATPE to all content creators.

the video:

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: my NATPE experience
by on Aug 4, 2008 at 6:55:46 pm

If you're selling non-fiction, try realscreen summit in D.C. Shows do get sold on the spot there. Cost is over 1500 to attend though, but worth it.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Timothy J. AllenRe: my NATPE experience
by on Aug 5, 2008 at 1:01:06 am

I'm glad to hear your experience was good, Grinner.

I try to attend NATPE in Vegas each year or two, but I've never been on the "selling" side of the fence. (Since we give away our content for free, I go just to promote awareness of NASA-produced content and research distribution trends.)

It seems that content buyers are buying content earlier than they used to - which might make LATV Fest even more valuable these days.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: my NATPE experience
by on Aug 5, 2008 at 2:33:52 pm

Good luck Grinner. Here's a spare pitch for you:

Like one of those "fix up and flip my house" shows, but with a car. Pick up a beater and totally rehab it.

The hook: into a hybrid. Then demo how it works and race it against a stock machine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved