BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Event Videographer emailing Coordinators for new business/leads

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beau BrothertonEvent Videographer emailing Coordinators for new business/leads
by on Jul 28, 2008 at 4:12:12 pm

Hello to all,

I posted pretty much this same post in the Event forum, but I wanted to be able to get more help since this forum gets much more traffic. I am a wedding videographer (I know that everyone's favorite). And I am wanting to get more exposure and I read a post a couple of weeks ago about cold calling/emailing clients to get more business. So this email is a spin off of that former post.

I just finished my website (just plan Jane) and I am wanting to contact the wedding planners/coordinators in my area. I am curious of how to best word the email.

The obvious thing that I would want to get out of this email campaign is of course to spread my name out there, generate some leads, and yes, get more business to lead to more money. Now, I read the post a couple weeks ago on the Business/Marketing forum, and a company wrote about how if you are going to do this, you need to concentrate on:

Not what the Planner/Coordinators (ie production company, ad agency, etc) can do for me (wedding videographer, or freelance editor, etc)

But focus more on how I can help to improve how the Planners do their business. And this is what I want this email to be about. How I can help Planners solve some problems that they are running into.

My company has just finished its first year and we have done about 5 weddings. I got a long term freelance editing gig that helped me pay bills for a year, but took away my time from my wedding videography. But I feel like I have some good demos that show my experience and style.

Since my company is newer, my target market focus is on brides on a budget. Basically the brides that are on the fence on rather or not they can afford a videographer. For most of these brides, videography is the first thing to be cut when the budget gets tight. My focus is on these brides and show them that they can afford some kind of video to document their "special day". I am wanting to feel my books and work a bunch of weddings. I offer fully customizable packages, but my main three are from $499 to $1299 to $1899. These being ceremony only to 10hours, HD, Photomontage, Love Story, everything there is except a Same Day Edit. Also, all of my packages offer Super8mm film coverage.

So, the only thing I can really thing of how I can help the Coordinators is that I can offer them a high quality wedding video for an extremely low price. This will help them out by being able to fit more vendors into the brides budget than they thought possible. I have also thought that I can put their contact info and link to their website from my site. Although, at this point, that isn't a big selling point since I'm not well known yet.

So the reason for this post is to ask everyone out there on the COW is, what else can we as videographers do to help Coordinators. Besides our price, what can we do for them that will help them either make more money, or save more money?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Event Videographer emailing Coordinators for new business/leads
by on Jul 30, 2008 at 2:49:37 pm

I can't believe there are so many local wedding coordinators in your area that an e-mail campaign is the best approach. I would suggest calling them and setting up a time to show them your work.

Return to posts index

Beau BrothertonRe: Event Videographer emailing Coordinators for new business/leads
by on Jul 30, 2008 at 10:16:06 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for your reply. I am in Houston Texas, and from only one website, I have gotten 80+ wedding coordinators info.

I was surprised myself by how many different companies/home based business there are.

Thanks again for your help,

Beau Brotherton
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Intel Core 2Duo, 4GB

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Event Videographer emailing Coordinators for new business/leads
by on Jul 30, 2008 at 11:37:06 pm

Email won't work. Period.

Do you like spam? Neither do they and that is what they are going to take you for, especially when they are getting another 432 emails just like yours from all around the world telling them that they can work with the greatest team in the world for cheap.

Don't bother. Go visit them and take some of your work. Some of them will actually see you. If you want to send them an email, trust me, they won't reply and they will just spam filter you.

The only guy who will reply to something like that is likely someone who will stiff you for payment after they have used you.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved