BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Cool viral marketing campaign

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Cool viral marketing campaign
on Jul 23, 2008 at 2:31:08 pm

Did you get the e-mail a month ago or so with the cell phones that popped pop corn seeds? If not check it out on

Watch an interview on CNN with the master mind behind the campaign. I thought I would share this with everyone because it was a cool way to market a product.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Brendan Coots
Re: Cool viral marketing campaign
on Jul 23, 2008 at 3:53:58 pm

It is a "cool" idea, but marketing via misinformation and fearmongering isn't.

Or am I taking it a little too seriously?

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 23, 2008 at 4:27:17 pm

Brendan, thanks for your thoughts. I agree with the guy being interviewed, the people with the cell phones laughed instead of screamed. When I saw it a month ago I thought it was funny. I wonder if others at the COW felt that it was misinformation and fearmongering?

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 23, 2008 at 5:07:03 pm

I recently watched Cloverfield - I thought it was real, but it turns out it was just an advertisement for the P2 format!

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 23, 2008 at 7:45:21 pm

Mike,
Actually, I thought Cloverfield was an attempt by drug companies to get us to purchase motion sickness pills.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Jul 24, 2008 at 12:34:31 pm

There was a piece on Good Morning America this morning about research on the radiation effects of cell phones on the brain. They determined there is no scientific way to absolutely prove there are any effects on the brain either negative or positive. I don't know how many people tried to do the "experiment" but I know ones I've talked to who tried couldn't get it to work.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 24, 2008 at 2:16:33 pm

I thought this cell phone popcorn thing was one of the dumber viral campaigns I've ever seen.
The connection to the product is weak, and the health risk connotations partially transfer to the product being sold as well, IMO.

Examples of better ones that I liked include the Geico "caveman's crib" interactive web sites, for maintaining brand in top-of-mind, while being very entertaining, and the "accidentally released" Ford "KA" spec spots where the car shows an evil personality and emnity for cats and birds. The pigeon one was excellent, the cat one was disturbing, but I think they both hit their target market pretty well.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Ron Lindeboom
on Jul 24, 2008 at 2:56:34 pm

I am thinking of making a video of how the new 3G iPhone not only pops corn but also butters it and creates the bowl. If you get the 16gig model, it even cleans up after you.

Imagine!

But wait, there's more! If you call now...

:o)

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 25, 2008 at 2:25:40 pm

Ron,
That's great, you crack me up.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Producitons

Return to posts index

Bill Dewald
on Jul 24, 2008 at 5:46:12 pm

I love the actors in these viral marketing videos.

Its like "act like you're doing this for real"... And it never quite hits the mark.

".. we were all just having some orange juice, and then we decided to try the cell phone popcorn trick... and gosh, our video was a hit..."

"... hay, how'd that annotation get on there..."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]