BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Documentary scheduling software

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberlee McTaggart
Documentary scheduling software
on Jul 18, 2008 at 1:37:03 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for some good scheduling software (for Mac would be best)? Or any methods you can suggest? I find most of the film specific software too drama specific, but please let me know if it is working for you.
Thanks,
Kim (cross-posted in indie film forum)

Return to posts index

Timothy J. Allen
Re: Documentary scheduling software
on Jul 19, 2008 at 1:58:22 am

When you find it, let me know. I'm using Microsoft Project. It's o.k. for the type of work I do most often - since most of our client's are used to seeing Gantt charts to clarify project schedules, but it would be nice to have something more specifically geared towards corporate video production.

We looked into Scheduall software several times over the years, but at the time, it was more than we needed. You may still want to see if it suites your needs.
http://www.scheduall.com/

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Jul 22, 2008 at 2:25:10 pm

We are using Edge from SchedulAll, which is a "Lite" version. It won't work on Mac unless you put Windows on Mac (and what fun is that?). We too are currently looking for scheduling software or project management software for Mac and are finding project management software may be more adaptable.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jul 22, 2008 at 6:11:44 pm

look at open source project management software, such as dot project. It is not for everyone, but may be what you are looking for. It is a free offering, similar to the non-free Basecamp.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Jul 22, 2008 at 8:26:29 pm

Thanks.

Our resident Machead is also looking into some other solutions and our Apple Government sales guy is also going to suggest some.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]