BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Model release for major cable channels

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Model release for major cable channels
on Jul 15, 2008 at 6:27:03 pm

I'm working on a documentary which I may want to offer to a major cable channel.

I've always used very simple release forms, but I suspect that the larger networks want to see something a little beefier. Could someone point me to a standard talent release form which the "biggies" universally accept?

Thanks!

Bob C

MacPro 2 x 3GHz dualcore; 10 GB 667MHz
Kona LHe
Sony HDV Z1
Sony HDV M25U
HD-Connect MI
Betacam UVW1800
DVCPro AJ-D650

Return to posts index

Bruce Bennett
Re: Model release for major cable channels
on Jul 18, 2008 at 12:12:25 pm

Hi Bob,

I've never done anything for national cable, but here's my release. BTW: I hereby give copyright reproduction permission to every one on the COW to use it :)

TALENT / MODEL RELEASE AND AUTHORIZATION

I _____________________________________________ hereby grant Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC and/or its affiliates, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and successors the irrevocable right and permission, throughout the world, an unlimited number of times, in connection with the photographs, images, video, and/or audio taken of/from me, or in which I may be included with others, the following: (a) the right to use and reuse, publish and re-publish, said photographs, images, video, and/or audio, in whole or in part, modified or altered, either by themselves or in conjunction with any other photographic, image, video, and/or audio projects, in any medium and form of distribution, and for any and all purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, promotional, advertising, re-sale and/or other uses/trade purposes; and (b) the right to copyright said photographs, images, video, and/or audio in its own name or in any other name that it may select.

I hereby waive any and all rights of inspection and/or approvals of the uses and final products, including any and all advertising copy or other materials, in whole or in part, as part of a composite or distorted in character or form, to which my appearances may be used and/or published. I hereby forever release and discharge Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC and its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and successors from any and all claims, actions and demands arising out of or in connection with all uses of said photographs, images, video, and/or audio, including, without limitation, any and all claims for invasion of privacy and libel. This release shall be binding upon me, my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

CHECK ONE:

[ ] I hereby warrant that I am over the age of eighteen years, have read the above fully, completely understand the contents hereof this Release/Authorization, and agree to its contents and conditions.

[ ] I am a parent or legal guardian of the below minor, have read the above and fully, and completely understand the contents hereof this Release/Authorization, and consent/agree that I and the said minor will be bound by all the provisions contained herein this Release/Authorization.

Printed Name: ________________________________________________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________________________________________
City/State/Zip: ________________________________________________________________________________
Phone Number: ______________________________________________________________________________

Signature & Date: _____________________________________________________________________________

MINOR OF ABOVE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (IF APPLICABLE):

Printed Name: _______________________________________________________________________________
Social Security #: _____________________________________________________________________________

Signature & Date: _____________________________________________________________________________

Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC:

Representative’s Printed Name: __________________________________________________________________

Bruce Bennett
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]