BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Providing exposure for products in exchange for product use

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rick pearlProviding exposure for products in exchange for product use
by on Jul 9, 2008 at 6:31:30 am

I want to start a podcast that will require a location with an LCD/plasma on the wall along with computers powering them, etc. I want to contact some companies to see if they would be willing to send me products such as LCDs for use on my set in exchange for the exposure they would receive. I understand this will be difficult to convince others of what I feel is the potential of the podcast without having a finished product, though the finished product requires a location with technology.

1.) Does anyone have any suggestions for how these types of arrangements are typically made and which departments of companies usually handle these requests?

Return to posts index

Timothy J. AllenRe: Providing exposure for products in exchange for product use
by on Jul 9, 2008 at 9:17:23 pm

I've worked on "cooking shows" where the appliances were loaned to the set for a specific period of time in exchange for a listing in the credits.

It was better than asking for something permanently, because the company (a local Sears vendor) would switch the appliances out and keep them updated. It generally worked out pretty well, except the host had to relearn where the buttons were every few months. That wasn't difficult on a stove, but may be more of an issue with video technology.

I'd go for a local vendor rather than a main company and draft a memorandum of agreement to borrow the equipment for a specific amount of time - with the option to extend the agreement once both parties see how it's working for them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved