BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Project Value

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric KlassenProject Value
by on Apr 23, 2008 at 1:47:42 am

I've been working on a project for a friend/client that has turned sour. I'm pulling out of the deal and would like to get a value estimate by some people here on what's been done thus far. Can anyone interested please go here to see five videos that run about 1.5 minutes each. The first is the best, and the rest are very similar. All footage besides the interviews are stock video library footage. Each video is about 20MB each and don't stream, so you'll have to wait for them to download before they play. I'd like to get a ball park standard for the value of this production thus far.

FYI: The video's do not match the name of the website or the banner image.

Anybody's input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: Project Value
by on Apr 24, 2008 at 1:21:20 am

Eric, you probably know your hourly worth better than any of us. Whatever was discussed and then done is what is owed to you. You will not have luck making up a number if this was not done before hand.

Return to posts index

Brendan CootsRe: Project Value
by on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:30:02 am

The "value" should be the negotiated hourly rate X the number of hours you put in so far. But, that depends entirely on whether your contract with the client states that you get paid even if the work isn't completed.

If there is no contract, a judge may very well side with the client that abandoned work is not what they agreed to pay for, and therefore owe you nothing (while getting nothing in return, of course). I'm no legal expert...

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved