BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Rate Our Blog

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott WhitneyRate Our Blog
by on Mar 21, 2008 at 5:59:12 pm

Ok all...I have a few spare minutes this Good Friday afternoon so I thought I would throw myself into the fire so to speak. Ohhhh those flames are hot. My company's prime focus is the corporate market. Instructional videos, Marketing DVDs, etc. In an effort to bump up our Google results, part of our SEO plan has been to get a Blog up and running. It's tailored to mainly a corporate audience that maybe has done some video in the past...maybe not. I'm interested in everyone's thoughts...good, bad, indifferent. Definitely open to suggestions!

Thank you,

Scott Whitney
Bright Circle, Inc.
"We put the Idea in Media"

Return to posts index

Zak MussigRe: Rate Our Blog
by on Mar 21, 2008 at 9:31:07 pm

Hey Scott,

I'm not a business owner... just a rank 'n file editor, so mine may not be the opinion you're most interested in. That said, I think the tone an perspective of your posts off based on who you described as your target audience. I think it's a great blog for production people. I learned some lessons I'll definitely use if I get unchained from my editing workstation and start doing production again. However, if I were a business I'd want to hear more about why all of this production lingo adds value to my project and less about "the client"... from the perspective of the person you want to reach it felt like I caught you talking about me behind my back. If that makes any sense.

That's just my 2 cents,

Return to posts index

Steve YankeeRe: Rate Our Blog
by on Mar 21, 2008 at 10:57:35 pm

I like the content. I think you need some visuals peppered in there; it's a wall of words right now. Speaking of which, I'd recommend you adjust your type size to just a leetle larger than it is now. About 78 percent of the U.S. population is sight-impaired to one degree or another...flyspeck type is a no-no.

For very long articles, start them on your index page, and continue them to an inside page. That way the reader is not left scrolling down half a dozen full-length articles on the first page. We have attention spans the size of gnats, so you must accommodate these peculiarities. You might check out my blog (in the sig) to see what I'm talkin' about.

Other than that, good luck! Ping the search engines, make the most of the most excellent plugins and widgets that WordPress accommodates...and blog on a regular basis!

Video Biz Blog

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Rate Our Blog
by on Mar 21, 2008 at 11:39:49 pm

Very interesting reading. I agree that production folks can get a lot out of this blog. Add some articles about how an effective corporate video sells more widgets. Perhaps a case study - get a happy client's permission to talk in specific terms - or be generic.

Return to posts index

Scott WhitneyRe: Rate Our Blog
by on Mar 22, 2008 at 12:38:20 am

Thanks for the feedback...I do appreciate it. I can see how some of it may seem directed towards a production company...but that really isn't my intent. My intent is to show prospective clients that we keep them very much in mind with everything we do. We want more business! So when I'm setting up examples where I say, "A good production company this...a good production company that" and I'm speaking directly towards things that would benefit a client, I'm trying to say that we know how to treat you right! Without being too blatant. Hopefully that's getting across. Maybe not. As I said, thank you for the feedback, I'd appreciate more if anyone has anything else.

And Steve...good points. The images might spruce things up, now it's just seeing if I can invest the additional time doing that!'re right, I need to do talk about how video can sell too.

Scott Whitney
Bright Circle, Inc.
"We put the Idea in Media"

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: Rate Our Blog
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 10:04:07 pm

there are great stats programs out there for blogs that allow you to easily see where the traffic you are getting is coming from, which posts are being read etc. - that's really the only way to go - assuming that your target audience is not other bloggers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved