BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Anybody working for Spotrunner

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Haensler
Anybody working for Spotrunner
on Feb 23, 2008 at 10:04:02 pm

I saw an ad late last night for a company called Spotrunner. Did some research and without going into agonizing detail, they are the Internet ad agency that bought Globeshooter. Has anybody had any experience working for either entity? I'm always looking for new opportunities that could provide some decent income.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Anybody working for Spotrunner
on Feb 24, 2008 at 3:54:07 am

[Mick Haensler] "I'm always looking for new opportunities that could provide some decent income."

I looked into doing work for a similar service and the conclusion I came to is that what they pay is not worth the time one would put in. The place I looked into wanted to pay x amount per hour (less then $20) for your editing time they said it should only take about 3 hours total to complete one, I spent more time looking for good stock footage clips because the places they said I was allowed to choose from had the worst selections ever. There big draw was that they said that you would also get payed each time somebody chose to purchase your commercial, I decided not to peruse it because I could net no guarantee of any real return on my time. A freelancer could never make it if they only got payed 20 or less an hour, that would NEVER cover the costs of working for ones self, equipment expenses, insurance, etc, etc.

If you want to do commercials, I suggest looking for local businesses to do them for. You can shoot them your self, or purchase stock footage and pass on the cost to the client.

Places like Spotrunner make there money by selling the exact same commercial over and over, they pay once for a cheep edited commercial and then sell it again and again.

Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Feb 24, 2008 at 10:35:36 pm

[Zane Barker] "If you want to do commercials, I suggest looking for local businesses to do them for. You can shoot them your self, or purchase stock footage and pass on the cost to the clien"

I appreciate the insightful marketing tip Zane, but it didn't really have anything to do with my question. Has anyone had any experience working for Spotrunner or Globeshooter specifically that they would care to share? I'm trying to get an idea of payscale, frequency of jobs, how quickly they pay, things like that. Thanks

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 25, 2008 at 7:11:31 am

[Mick Haensler] "I appreciate the insightful marketing tip Zane, but it didn't really have anything to do with my question."

All your question says is[Mick Haensler] "Has anybody had any experience working for either entity?"

That is a SIMPLE yes or no question, and you then state.

[Mick Haensler] "I'm always looking for new opportunities that could provide some decent income. "

Because that is the reasoning you are asking, that is why I gave you the information I did. Apparently you did not read the lager paragraph that I wrote, because in that part I explained that they pay VARY little.

Because they pay VARY little, that speaks directly to your statement about what you are looking for in your freelancing.

It will NOT provide decent income.

Places like that pay extreamly little, with the "promise" of paying you more IF somebody pays them for the commercial. And typically they will only pay you that additional money for the first year, after that you get NOTHING when somebody pays them for the commercial that you did.

You your self stated [Mick Haensler] "I'm always looking for new opportunities that could provide some decent income. "

So please do not just disregard my insights. I was directing then to what you your self say you are really looking for [Mick Haensler] "I'm always looking for new opportunities that could provide some decent income. " "decent income" will NOT come from the little they pay and the promise to pay you a little more if someone buys it from them with in the first year.

Again you yourself said [Mick Haensler] "I'm always looking for new opportunities that could provide some decent income. "

That is why I suggested doing commercials for local businesses, because you can make a lot more "decent income" that way if you wish to do commercials.

Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Feb 25, 2008 at 2:57:48 pm

Well Zane, I must apologize. My comment about your "insightful marketing tip" was sarcastic and immature. I'm sorry it affected you so. In my circle of friends, sarcasm has been lifted to an art form. It's a way for us to let off steam and deal with the craziness of the world. Sometimes I forget that not everyone appreciates it and that it can offend as well as entertain. My apologies.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]