BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

filming in public / notices

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Duncanfilming in public / notices
by on Feb 23, 2008 at 6:45:57 pm

This has probably been covered many times but I cannot find any info using Google and I need to shoot tonight.

I am producing a documentary and will be shooting at a concert in a bar/restaurant tonight. I already have the talent and the location releases in place but what about the people who are in the background during interviews or crowd shots?

I have seen notices posted at the entrances to public locations while a film is being conducted and I thought that by doing the same this would cover me for people who happen to be in the frame of a shot. But, I cannot find a definition for this concept and/or wording for the notice itself anywhere on the web.

Can somebody please point me to a site or explain the procedure and actual wording required for the notice? Or does this not apply somehow? I need this today so I appreciate any help. And this is for California if that makes a difference.

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: filming in public / notices
by on Feb 26, 2008 at 5:57:36 pm

you only need permission if you intend to use the images for commercial purposes. And commercial use means advertising. Everything else is fine - no permission is required.

That was my reaction exactly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved