BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Agreement for Freelance Work

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier SaldivarAgreement for Freelance Work
by on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:24:20 am

Agreement for Freelance Work

I'm a freelancer who works on shooting, editing and also on different parts of post-production (DVD authoring, some AE, graphics, etc).

I find myself having to write agreements with some of my clients but I’m not sure if I'm doing it right.

Is there some kind of standard freelancer agreement that I can use as a guide?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Rick DolishnyRe: Agreement for Freelance Work
by on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:53:50 am

In my experience the answer is no, no standard forms. But I've been working under the radar of Status Quo so I'm sure there is something out there.

I think you're more likely to sign an agreement (often a NDA - non disclosure agreement) but again that's something the employer will have you sign, not the other way around.

My only advice is to get terms of payment really clear and in writing. It's such an unnecessarily knotted up feeling of helplessness when you've completed a gig and haven't been paid (yet), and don't know when.

As for terms and advances extending credit ... do a search on this forum. As for rate, don't ask, search. :)

I'm sure someone will pipe in with more knowledge than me on this subject.

Rick Dolishny
Discrete Editors COW Leader

Return to posts index

Bob RenforthRe: Agreement for Freelance Work
by on May 6, 2008 at 1:04:19 pm

Hello Saldivar, Have you had any luck getting a direction on a good format for a contract? I find my self in the same position as you when it comes to writing a contract.

I just retired from 30 years in the TV news business. All most all the time spent in ENG.

The community college in town wants to use me on several video projects but they want me to generate the contract.

Any ideas!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved