BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Thank You Cow!!!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick HaenslerThank You Cow!!!
by on Feb 12, 2008 at 9:53:18 pm

As I sit here in my newly completed studio just having finished my first meeting with a client, I wanted to take a moment to thank the Cow. Especially this forum and Walter's articles on starting a business. I can't tell you what a valuable resource this is. From workflow questions to furniture to what color to paint the place, I have received timely and professional advice from the members here. I hope one day I will be able to give back a portion of what I've received. Thanks again everyone, Although I probably could have done it without you, I don't think I would have wanted to.

With Respect and Honor

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Thank You Cow!!!
by on Feb 12, 2008 at 11:38:28 pm

Thanks for sharing, glad to hear we're a little bit of a help for ya.

[Mick Haensler] "From workflow questions to furniture to what color to paint the place"

You did go with the Lime Green walls with black racing stripes, right? I mean you're not a true creative facility unless you have lime green walls. Am I right or am I right?!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Thank You Cow!!!
by on Feb 13, 2008 at 3:08:13 pm

[walter biscardi] "I mean you're not a true creative facility unless you have lime green walls. Am I right or am I right?!"

Oh shoouh Waltuh, you are so right. Lime green makes the mayen. A lime green studio and a chartreuse micro bus for a remote truck. Truly a sight to behold. Now there are three obscure references in this paragraph. Anyone who can name them will get a discount!!!

Seriously, I went with a bold red on the walls, bright white trim, black built in bookcases and black blinds for the windows. The workstations are black swirl formica tops with cherry bullnose accents and cherry 19" racks underneath. My web guy is just about done with my new site and I'll have some pics up there. Including the Italian marble working fireplace. That's right, a working freakin' fireplace in the studio!!! Yesterday was a raw damp day, my client was running late and frazzled when she got here. So I sat her down in front of a roaring fire and handed her a cup of freshly brewed organic coffee. The deal was done before I opened my mouth. I now have enough work to keep me busy for about 3 months.

Life is good

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

PS - If anyone stomps on my honeymoon phase or tries to remove my rose tinted glasses, I will come in amongst them and get medieval!!!

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2008 at 3:37:21 pm

Please tell me you have the big bear rug on the floor, complete with the head. oh please oh please!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that will just soooooooo make it perfect.

Organic coffee, roaring fire, and my toes in the fur of a bear. woooooooooooooooo

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Thank You Cow!!!
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 1:06:21 pm

[walter biscardi] "Please tell me you have the big bear rug on the floor, complete with the head. oh please oh please!
"

Now hold on thar cowpoke. Ta git a bar skeein rug you gots to wrastle a bar. And I ain't wrastlin me no bar jes to git a rug. So you jes gonna hafta stick yer toes in da far.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 14, 2008 at 1:08:22 pm

[Mick Haensler] "So you jes gonna hafta stick yer toes in da far."

Dang it!!!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Thank You Cow!!!
by on Feb 13, 2008 at 5:41:30 am

So, do we get a discount?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1.