BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Inventory and Production Management Software

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan ByrneInventory and Production Management Software
by on Feb 10, 2008 at 1:44:45 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade our aging inventory/production management database software. Has anyone seen, heard or used anything that has been pre-built? I don't have the spare cash right now to go through another custom software build.

Thanks as always,

Nathan Byrne

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Inventory and Production Management Software
by on Feb 10, 2008 at 1:47:08 pm

Filemaker Pro is a nice easy database program. :-)

"it's like deju vu all over again...." Yogi Berra

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Nathan ByrneRe: Inventory and Production Management Software
by on Feb 10, 2008 at 1:56:16 pm

File Maker Pro is indeed great software, and has been the backbone of my last (outdated) inventory / production management software. However, to employ a developer to build it for you is too expensive for me at this moment. With almost every post house using Final Maker Pro for this purpose, I was hoping to find a developer who has packed a built system to sell.

I'm in the midst of building a new studio, working on three simultaneous projects and making the transition from Avid to FCP, I can't even find time to sleep, let alone, learn (however simple) File Maker Pro and build an inventory / scheduling database.

Nathan

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2008 at 2:20:11 pm

...I should mention what I'm looking for in this. Software that integrates inventory (data and physical) management (using bar codes and a handheld scanner for physical), a contacts database, a project database, project scheduling and project billing. It should also work on OSX Leopard.

Thanks again,

Nathan

PS is anyone using Studio Manager 9 or Creative Manager Pro?

Return to posts index

Mark LandmanRe: Inventory and Production Management Software
by on Feb 10, 2008 at 5:26:51 pm

Try downloading the demo for Studio Suite 8. It sounds like it may be able to take care of what you're looking for. The demo is a stand-alone program which runs for 15 days if I remember correctly. You will need a copy of FileMaker 8 if you decide to purchase the program. I've been looking into it for the past few months, but haven't made the purchase yet.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2008 at 10:57:36 pm

Thanks Mark. It looks like it would definitely do the job, I'll let you know what I think after I've tested it out (may take a little while). It's one ugly piece of interface, but if it gets it done, hey.

Nathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]