BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Stock footage

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff TirrellStock footage
by on Feb 8, 2008 at 10:16:27 pm

As I find my self in a new city and returning to freelancing full time. I find myself with plenty of free time to ponder things like business plans and the like. My question to those of you here is
1) How many of you market stock footage as part of your yearly business plan.
2) If so is it still profitable or has that market become too eroded away to be worthwhile.
3) For those of you who know what is the profit margin, work vs. return like I know there are formulas for stills is there something similar for video?

Return to posts index

Rick DolishnyRe: Stock footage
by on Feb 9, 2008 at 1:17:49 am

search: forum

Rick Dolishny
Discrete Editors COW Leader

Return to posts index

Geoff TirrellRe: Stock footage
by on Feb 9, 2008 at 5:39:28 am

Yes I have checked going back 1 year and can only find one thread from this forum December of last year. I was just hoping for something more specific in terms of how the stock footage game works. Coming from a news/sports background it is a bit out of my area of expertise

Geoff Tirrell
Camera Operator

Return to posts index

Bruce BennettRe: Stock footage
by on Feb 9, 2008 at 2:47:18 pm

Photo District News (PDN) magazine is a good place to get some information. They concentrate mostly on still photography, but in many cases, stock video falls in line with the same types of “payment structures” for independents/suppliers. It’s an excellent magazine with great articles and showcases lots of great photographer work.

Bruce Bennett
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved