BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Rental rate for FCP HD?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori MirandaRental rate for FCP HD?
by on Jan 25, 2008 at 5:44:54 am

This might be a random question (I am used to asking just the tech questions in other forums) but I didn't know who else to ask. I am based out of a post production house for all of my work (using their equipment) for my everyday job (Avid and Final Cut). I received a call today for a quick, last minute outside job that would need to be cut on my own personal Final Cut system at home. It's only a 2-3 day job (very simple) and the rate has already been decided (it's a tight budget). They asked me how much for use of my Final Cut and I had no idea, since I don't normally work from home using my own equipment. It's an old system (the HD version) and it's on a 17in iMac G5 (nothing fancy). Any ideas what the going rate is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Steve KownackiRe: Rental rate for FCP HD?
by on Jan 25, 2008 at 12:06:42 pm

We let a guy come edit on one of our stripped systems (G5 and a monitor on a desk, no video monitor, no decks) and billed him $55/hour start to finish. You can add your rate on as an editor. We did buy him lunch 'cause $7 for a sandwich goes a long way in pleasing a client.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Rental rate for FCP HD?
by on Jan 25, 2008 at 12:31:53 pm

For an older system, especially on a slower machine like the iMac, I would probably charge in the neighborhood of $25/hour. You have no video monitor, no decks, it's just the computer and the hard drive.

For a basic FCP desktop system, no video monitor, no professional audio monitors, just the software and one or two computer monitors, I would charge probably $45/hour.

For a full system with external video monitor and professional audio playback along with very fast hard drives, probably $65/hour plus a separate fee for use of the various VTR's.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Lori MirandaRe: Rental rate for FCP HD?
by on Jan 25, 2008 at 3:21:11 pm

Thanks you so, so much. I really appreciate the help. Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved