BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Cable Spots Follow Up

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Cadieux
Cable Spots Follow Up
on Jan 10, 2008 at 11:15:24 pm

Hello again,

I am curious as to just how much I should be charging for these type of spots. Below is a link to a short reel of commercials that I did all of the visuals for, and some of the writing for. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Aaron

http://www.bigoperations.com/comreel.html

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Cable Spots Follow Up
on Jan 10, 2008 at 11:37:49 pm

The video on your link is not working, intact NONE of the video on your site seems to be working.

No offense, but I must also say that the website needs a a lot of work. First off your font choice and font colors are EXTREMELY distracting.

Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 1:20:58 am

If you're using Firefox, or a MAC, then you probably won't see the videos. And, incidently, you're the first one to voice displeasure with the site. But, I'll ask around and if I get the same vibe from other people, I'll address the issue. Thanks.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 11, 2008 at 1:27:14 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "If you're using Firefox, or a MAC, then you probably won't see the videos."

What type of video are you putting up if you cant use use firefox to view it. I am on a Mac and have no problem with any of the common video formats. Windows Media, Flash, Quicktime. You must be using some sort of strange type of video. Ether that your your web hosing service is way behind the times, and I mean way behind.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 1:37:41 am

GoDaddy hosts my site. The files are .wmv. I used Adobe Media Encoder WMV 512. There is not a MAC user yet who has been able to view the site. 99% of my clients, or potential clients run PCs, so it's not an issue until I am trying to show work for advice from video professionals since most video professionals still run MACs.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:18:42 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "most video professionals still run MACs."

Still, Still, that is NOT something that is going to change, if anything it should say "unfortunately some video professionals still run Windows"

But that aside, I have NEVER had a problem viewing wmv files on my Mac using Flip4Mac, you must be using some really oddball codec in those wmv's.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:26:21 am

In my humble opinion, there are a lot of MAC users who don't want to admit that Premiere Pro has come a long way on the PC, and can accomplish everything that can be done in Final Cut Pro. The two programs are basically identical twins. I just keep my edit PC off the internet and I'm golden. The beauty is that you can match MAC-created media in quality, and you're still compatable with the rest of the world (the vast majority).

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:33:35 am

I NEVER said Premiere was bad. It is the Windows part I hated.

[Aaron Cadieux] "he beauty is that you can match MAC-created media in quality, and you're still compatable with the rest of the world (the vast majority)."

Like I said yours is the ONLY wmv that I have ever had an issue with.

[Aaron Cadieux] "If you're using Firefox, or a MAC, then you probably won't see the videos."

The fact that you say that Firefox users on windows cant play them ether should tell you something. It is not a Mac thing that is causing your videos not to play. It MUST be the videos themselves.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:42:14 am

I actually just got confirmation from two different windows Firefox users that the videos are playing fine. So as of right now, it's a MAC-only issue that will need to be addressed. Anyway, here is a link to the same reel on YouTube.

Obviously with the compression-happy folks at YouTube, the quality takes a dive. Thanks, and thanks for your help.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:58:59 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "I actually just got confirmation from two different windows Firefox users that the videos are playing fine."

So the story changes! It is still vary possible that you are using a less then universal codec in those wmv files. Like I said NEVER had an issue with wmv files before yours, all others work perfect.

As for the commercials, I personally say leave off the 2 car ones at the beginning, or at least one of then, they are vary cookie cutter, you want to be showing people the types of commercials that not just anybody could make.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 3:04:43 am

Thanks, but my original post was asking what I should charge for spots like these... As far as I'm concerend they aren't great, but they're not the worst local commercials I've seen. Thanks.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Bill Dewald
on Jan 11, 2008 at 1:53:00 am

I'll 2nd displeasure with the site's aestetics - the allcaps is very screamy.

And the red and yellow color scheme reminds me of a Windows 3.1 scheme named "Hot Dog Stand".

Also, I'm on Firefox/Mac and I can't see the vids. Sorry.

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 11, 2008 at 3:12:09 am

Ditto everything Bill just said. The web-site is migraine-nasty.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 3:13:13 am

The spots are now on YouTube.

Now you guys can avoid the site.

Thanks.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 11, 2008 at 3:55:22 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "The spots are now on YouTube."

I don't think YouTube is the place for any video professional to exhibit their work. The encoding on YouTube is horrible by any standard. Delivery is everything. Professionals should know how to deliver video to the internet.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 4:07:02 am

Well, you can explain your theory to the production houses that encode movie trailers SPECIFICALLY for YouTube, and to all the presidential candidates whose professional videographers/editors all compress video specifically for posting on YouTube. Like it or not, YouTube is used by the professional community on a regular basis.

It's amazing. I ask for feedback on something specific and all I get are critiques of my web site and lectures on 'professionalism'. Creativecow is great most of the time, but sometimes it's like banging your head against the wall while being surrounded by a 'holier than thou' mentality.

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 11, 2008 at 4:29:15 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "Creativecow is great most of the time, but sometimes it's like banging your head against the wall while being surrounded by a 'holier than thou' mentality."

Give me a break! Your website sucks. Big time. You can't deliver up video. What do you want people to say here?

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 4:41:51 am

Let me go through this again.

I posted on this forum looking for feedback on how to price commercials.

Then all the Mac users started to complain that they couldn't see the videos.

So I posted them on YouTube so that people could see them.

Then, people like you are still harping about the look of the web site when that had nothing to do with my original post.

I could understand your point if I had posted in a "please critique my web site" forum, but I didn't. Once the commercials were up on YouTube, all discussion about my web site (whether it 'sucks' or not) should have stopped. When I'm looking for feedback on the fonts and color scheme on my web site, I will let you know.

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 11, 2008 at 4:52:25 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "Then, people like you are still harping about the look of the web site when that had nothing to do with my original post."

Well, it does. Every communication that you put out to public is an indicator. Pretend I'm a potential client.

Right now, you suck. What are you going to do about that reaction? Blame the potential client? Or get your act together? Stop being such a whiner. You're a friggin' baby.

Welcome to the real world. I don't think people are mean here - they're realistic and accurate and experienced. Can you deal with that?

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 5:12:05 am

Ok, let me see if can get you to understand my logic.

If you had responded "I looked at your commercials, and you shouldn't be charging more than $200.00 for any of them, because they 'suck'", then I would have been fine with that, because it is relevant to my original post.

Unfortunately, egotistical "professionals" (who actually use the word 'suck' and or 'sucked' in a professional forum) like you are more interested in criticizing than anything else. This is what you did.

"Hmm, since I have a MAC, I can't seem to view this guy's videos"

"Oh well, I might as well tell him that his web site sucks"

"Oh look, he put his videos up on YouTube instead. Well, I'd better not respond to his original post. Instead, I'll keep harping about his web site, because I love to criticize people, especially when they are not asking for my opinion about what I am citicizing. While I'm at it, I'll give him a lecture on the unprofessionalism of posting on YouTube, even though it's the world's largest online video resource, and professionals across the globe use it to post their work. Wow, I am so much better than everyone".

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 11, 2008 at 5:25:02 am

[Aaron Cadieux] "Ok, let me see if can get you to understand my logic."

I don't. I think you're an egocentric spoiled brat. How does that sit in your universe?

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jan 11, 2008 at 11:52:13 pm

Randall -

"I think you're an egocentric spoiled brat"

You seem to be the ultimate proof of the Fruedian contention that most complaints are projection.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jan 11, 2008 at 11:47:20 pm

Aaron -

On behalf of the non-Randalls here at the Cow I would like to apologize for this thread. If I knew anything about pricing Cable spots I'd gladly tell you, but that's not my world. If you want a critique of your spots, let me know, I'll throw in my .02

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 12, 2008 at 12:36:22 am

Herb,

Thanks a lot for your support. A critique of my spots would be greatly appreciated.

Just a little background. The first 6 spots were done at my full-time job. I did 90% of the shooting, all of the editing and all of the graphics from scratch for those 6 spots. The last two were produced by my freelance business. The bar spot at the end is my least favorite on the reel, but I included it as a cheaper-end spot. Here is the link.

Again, thanks for your support.

Best,

Aaron Cadieux

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jan 13, 2008 at 9:07:29 pm

Aaron -

Realizing that these are very low budget spots I still would reorganize and prune the reel.

You might think about making a montage of your spots, instead of showing all of them, because they have some nice moments but are generally flawed. The biggest problem is that the director is not conscious enough of how the people in the spot look, and that is a key to any spot. The car spokesman is reading a cue card to the side of the lens which is an absolute no-no. It never works, especially in close-ups. How do you feel when you talk to someone who wont look you in the eye? well that's how an off camera cue card makes the viewer feel.

You also have to be sensitive to who you put in font of the camera. In the old age home you have a shot of 2 aides, one of whom looks hugely overweight and butch. She might be a wonderful person but she does not make for effective advertising, nor does the on camera advocacy of a woman with a n oxygen tube in her nose. Otherwise this spot is your best, the shots of the patients dancing, the graphics, the end statement by the other older woman all are strong. In a spot "montage" you could accent the positives of all your spots and bury the flaws.

If you feel you need to go with a string of finished spots I would suggest leading with the 2 Cox spots, then the first Furniture spot, which has a nice graphic look and then the first Car spot, and that only because it's good to show you've done them. Then the old age home. I would leave off the other 3 spots altogether.

In general the spots are well edited; the camera work is not as strong, but serviceable.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Rick Dolishny
on Jan 11, 2008 at 5:13:51 am

Aaron I am compelled to comment.

Your request for pricing info won't fly if your video doesn't play. I'm using WXPSP2 and no go on your videos. They don't play and you're on the COW asking for professional advice. I'd say get your video codec issue resolved.

Personally your website doesn't appeal to me but it's been said before.

What I am really offended by is your cavalier attitude regarding your employer who you admit "doesn't pay you much" but right there on your site is a reference to RJ Lachance.

"In October of 2005, Aaron began a full-time position as a video editor with R.J. LaChance, an advertising agency in
East Providence, Rhode Island."

I'm going to assume this is the cheap boss you didn't sign a non-compete contract with.

Dude, it's a small world and if you want to play in it you gotta follow a few rules. Like if you're a video producer put video on your site people can see. And under NO circumstances publically dis anyone in your industry. Be cool, and by all means dish at the pub privately, but you are so very burned or making things hard with your attitude towards your employer, and the professionals on the COW who are really just trying their best to respond to your call for help, or input.

And to answer your question about pricing, there are plenty of freelance guides on the web that do a handy job of figuring out your total cost of hire.

---
Rick Dolishny
Discrete Editors COW Leader
http://www.thecreativeprocess.ca

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Business is about more then price!
on Jan 11, 2008 at 6:38:43 am

Aaron, I understand why you are upset, you feel that we are ignoring your question. The fact is that we saw bigger issues then pricing that should be addressed.

Business is all about image!!! Your website is the often the face of that image. For someone who is trying to sell a creative product your website screams to people that you have no creative bone or mussel in your body. Most people will take a quick look at your website and immediately dismiss you as a creative professional, before even looking at your sample video, and long before they would wonder what your prices are. It would be well worth it to spend a little money on a web template to use for the site.

As for the video issues on the website. As media professionals here on the Cow we have the ability to play far more types of video, then the average person. As video professionals we often go out of our way to make sure we can watch all types of web video. So when the professionals cannot play the video on your site it means that a large portion on the average computer users will also not be able to play the video, because they don't go to the lengths we do to ensure that we can watch it all.

Again it is not that we don't want to help you with your questions, it is just that we saw bigger issues then pricing. You need to be able to keep people interested long enough that they want to know what your pricing is. The first thing they see is the website, the send thing they see is your demo reel. They see both of these things before even looking into what you charge. That is why I focused on the website and then the demo reel.

If you get both of those things looking really good then you can actually charge more for what you do because the customer then believes that you are worth more Right now your website tells people that you are not worth paying to do any creative work at all. Get the website looking really good and top that off with an impressive demo reel and you can charge whatever you want.

Return to posts index

rongerber
Re: Business is about more then price!
on Jan 11, 2008 at 5:10:46 pm

All fun aside... I'd estimate between $450 and $750 for those cable spots in a market your size. The hard thing about local cable is there's always someone that will do it for less. And your local cable company probably isn't worried about how much the spots cost only about how much the airtime buy is. In the local cable world, the local commercial is just a vehicle to get to the media buy. Focus on creating a quality product that works for the client at a fair price (for you and the client).

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 11, 2008 at 5:26:22 pm

Thank you very much. You're the first person to actually answer my initial question. I appreciate it.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jan 11, 2008 at 5:45:31 pm

[rongerber] "I'd estimate between $450 and $750 for those cable spots in a market your size. The hard thing about local cable is there's always someone that will do it for less. And your local cable company probably isn't worried about how much the spots cost only about how much the airtime buy is. In the local cable world, the local commercial is just a vehicle to get to the media buy."

The bottomline in this, is that the local cable companies will nearly always do it for free. They crank out cookie-cutter spots that for the most part all use the same templates and style. They race through the production and so they are worth everything a client is paying for them -- which is usually nothing.

Your production values had better be higher than what is the benchmark set by the cable companies as it's rough to compete against free, otherwise.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

Ron Gerber
on Jan 11, 2008 at 7:00:25 pm

Most of what Ron said is accurate however the business model is changing in my market (and the other markets serviced by the company I work for). The suits higher up decided that you get what you pay and a client that pays for a commercial tends to have a more vested interest in making sure it works (by spending more money on airtime). Basically getting out of the cookie cutter mode and creating better commercials means better results for the client thus less churn. Yes we still do a large share of cookie cutter type spots but generally the clients are paying us for them and believe it or not, we loose out on a lot of the smaller ones because we charge too much. Someone always has a brother or neighbor with a video camera and a computer that can do it for less. Of course we don't turn away the airtime buy. Oddly enough, our local broadcast stations are the ones giving away the "free" production (if you spend the right amount for airtime). It's an uphill battle because in the end, my boss answers to a boss who answers to the big boss and they don't like to give anything away for free. Here's a link to a demo of some of the work our offices have doing last year.

http://brighthouseadvertising.com/man_sec/video/web%20video%20montage-web%2...

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jan 11, 2008 at 7:20:00 pm

Hey Ron,

I just played your reel and have to say that it is a lot nicer than the local spots that run in my area of the world. Most local spots I have seen never reach the level of what I see in your reel.

You are right that many advertisers are seeing that free ads are not always a good deal when/if paying for production can produce a spot that generates greater sales and return.

Thankfully, many companies are more concerned about their customer perception and so are willing to pay for commercials, not all (or even the majority, at least in our area) but many.

Just as in your area, it is the network affiliates now that give away the most work. But you can always tell the clients that pay for their production, from those who don't.

Thanks for your viewpoint, Ron.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronlindeboom
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Now in the COW Magazine: Commercials. A look at the history, strategy, techniques and production workflows of successful commercials. All brought to you by some of the COW's brightest members. Accept no substitutes!

Would you like to be in Creative COW Magazine with your story or contributi...

Do you have your complimentary subscription to Creative COW Magazine yet?

Return to posts index

Ron Gerber
on Jan 11, 2008 at 7:27:27 pm

I'd love to take credit for the demo reel but its made up of commercials from our 9 different creative services departments. For some reason they didn't want to put any of my work on there - I guess the used car salesmen jumping on the hood and kicking tires wasn't what we were shooting for.

Thanks,

Ron

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Jan 11, 2008 at 7:58:23 pm

Great reel, Ron...especially some really nice DP working going on there.

It also shows that every market is different, and you have to know your market and what customers there are to go after.

We started our little company to fill a very specific niche. There were a lot of television advertisters in our area that wanted, needed, and deserved better spots than they could get for $200 (or yes, even free) produced by the television stations or the cable companies. At they same time. Nor could they afford to spend $50K or even $25K for a :30 spot produced by a big post house. We set out to fill that niche somewhere in between. Consequently, we do tons of spots in the $4k-$12K neighborhoods.

Of course we try to "upsell" when we can (higher/bigger/better productions, better talent, 35mm when possible, etc.), but it is often the case that three $10,000 spots will have a lot more profit in them than one for $30,000.

It just goes to show, a little research is usually in order to see what the market will bear. What works great for us might fail misearably somewhere else.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Randy
on Jan 13, 2008 at 2:01:07 am

It better look good with the setup they have and I'm sure the price is out of range for 99% of local businesses that need a local cable TV commercial. From their website:

"Bright House Networks HD and Film units only shoot on Eastman Kodak film stock with Panavision 16 or 35 mm cameras"

Here are few more of their demo videos, one showing a behind the scenes which will give you an idea of the production cost that is involved.

http://brighthouseadvertising.com/man_sec/creative_s/hdcrtve.html

Too bad most if not all of their QuickTime Demo movies are interlaced, it really degrades the look. All that money spent on 35mm and they can't click a deinterlace button.

I can do that for a dollar!

Randy

Return to posts index

KC Allen
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:51:47 am

I agree with Ron...it's tough to compete with free, and you have to do everything you can to make your value higher than that of cookie-cutter cable. We did just that in NW Ohio and it wasn't long before the local cable provide shut down their production facility. That was nice because we got the business, but it also sucked because the clients were used to getting spots for $350, which was then comped to them in advertising time. As we slowly raised the price, we slowly lost the business.

We've been able to raise the price to $400 for a stand-alone and then $350 if we do multiple spot in one location on the same day. Some clients may more, but that's when we pull out the dolly and the jib and spend extra time getting their scripts ready and so on. We did one with a dolly a short while back and got $550 for it. Offer more pizzazz, earn more money.

Okay - I have to mention this. I'm not going to have the same attitude as others on this forum (which was unprofessional and uncalled for), but I do need to agree about your website. I know you probably did it yourself, and that's cool, but it's not something that would make me have confidence in your company if I were an aspiring client. Get to know some of the graphic designers around you. Perhaps you'll be able to network. Maybe one of their clients will need a video or commercial. Have them give your website a professional look. Lastly, you may want to rethink your logo. I'm not picking on you, Dude, but I think you should use the whole name and not shorten it to BO. BO always stood for body odor when I was growing up. Big Operations lends itself to an industrial look, with rivets and so on - could be a great way to get industrial clients, trade show videos, training and safety videos and so on. Just drop the BO thing - I think it's in your best interests.

KC Allen
Allen Film & Video

"Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows?"

Return to posts index

Brendan Coots
on Jan 12, 2008 at 7:35:41 am

This topic looks about beat to death, but I just have to weigh in:

1. I checked your video on both a PC and a Mac, using Safari and Firefox - the video would not play on either platform. The problem, at least in part, is the method/code you have used to embed it into your web page and has nothing to do with your visitor's computers or OS. That method of embedding is no longer supported by any mainstream browser due to a lawsuit a few years back. Read this link to understand what is going wrong and how to fix it. Yes it's an Apple/Quicktime site, but it applies to ALL embedded media including WMV, on ALL platforms.

2. Using WMV is a bad idea for at least one reason - not everyone has or uses Windows Media Player. You say 99% of your customers and potential customers are on Windows, but that is just ridiculous. First of all, there is no way for you to know that. Secondly, you may get 1,000 visits a day from "potential customers" who, being Mac users, leave and never look back simply because they cannot view your work. Unless you own stock in Microsoft or something, why risk alienating customers? There are many options out there, but MPEG-4 based Quicktime files have the widest support of any format, primarily because both Mac and PC users can see them.

3. As someone who came from a web design background, I have to agree that your site could use some work. I know that's not why you came here, but the rates you can get away with charging are directly related to the impression you leave on potential customers. If the design of your site isn't as good as it could be, people will assume your work isn't so hot either (especially if they can't see your demo reel!!!) Don't be offended by people's comments on this, they are only trying to help you succeed. In today's marketplace, people are fully used to and expect to see well designed, easy to navigate, highly polished web sites. Play the game or get left behind, straight up.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index

Randy
on Jan 13, 2008 at 5:33:53 am

Brendan Coots wrote: "There are many options out there, but MPEG-4 based Quicktime files have the widest support of any format, primarily because both Mac and PC users can see them."

I don't agree with that at all, Flash is now being used way more on websites and is far more compatible with Mac and PC's. Just look at your own website, it uses Flash video for all your demos:

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com/portfolio.asp

By the way you might want to change the QuickTime logo that is next to the "view demo reel" text link to a Flash logo.

I'm using a PC and sometimes have problems loading QuickTime movies on websites. For example, one that works is the Digital Juice site which uses Quicktime in all their DJ product galleries and DJ Showcase section. All their tutorial videos use Flash.

Now if I go to a site like I had mentioned in my previous post:

http://brighthouseadvertising.com/man_sec/creative_s/hdcrtve.html

These QuickTime movies will not open and play when clicked on after buffering to my hard drive. I have to right click and Save As to my hard drive first then click on the file name to play them as a file using my QuickTime Pro player. This happens about half the time when I deal with QuickTime videos on websites. Why some sites with QuickTime videos work like Digital Juice and some don't I have no idea but site with Flash always work.

By the way, I had no problem playing Aaron's WMV videos on his site using Internet Explorer:

http://www.bigoperations.com/comreel.html

However, they would not load using Firefox. My advice to Aaron on price is to either charge by hour at your existing per hour rate or charge as much as the client is willing to pay if it's a fixed price. First thing I ask a TV commercial client is what their budget is and go from there.

Randy

Return to posts index

Rick Dolishny
on Jan 13, 2008 at 12:49:25 pm

[Randy] "By the way, I had no problem playing Aaron's WMV videos on his site using Internet Explorer:"

Ah, a clue.

I rarely use IE and when I did I got the following popup:

This website wants to run the following add-on: "Windows Media Player Extension"..."

Whatever that is, is causing most of us the problem. It stands to reason many Firefox and most Mac users won't be able to see the video. Again, this is so we can help Aaron by answering his question.

---
Rick Dolishny
Discrete Editors COW Leader
http://www.thecreativeprocess.ca

Return to posts index

Brendan Coots
on Jan 15, 2008 at 6:36:57 am

As I mentioned it's just the way it's embedded into the web page, that method is basically deprecated and most modern browsers won't (and cannot legally) support it.

And Randy, you're right Flash video is probably much safer, and very high quality to boot. I should have mentioned that.

Return to posts index

joel jackson
on Jan 16, 2008 at 6:27:59 am

Hey all,

I just read the entire post and her is my 47.5 yen.

Is this really what the COW was designed to do? Please let's keep it cool. Words can be hard to interpret on the screen. This is the best forum ever created (thanks Ron).

Let's keep it positive. A lot of stuff sucks (oh hell, I'm a professional an I said sucks) but the people that post here want help in a constructive way. I know that it sometimes means constructive criticism, but, be gentile if possible. We're all in the same boat and just need a bit of advice

Peace all,

Joel Jackson
http://www.creativebloc.com/port.html

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 16, 2008 at 4:55:34 pm

[joel jackson] "Hey all,

I just read the entire post and her is my 47.5 yen.

Is this really what the COW was designed to do? Please let's keep it cool. Words can be hard to interpret on the screen. This is the best forum ever created (thanks Ron).

Let's keep it positive. A lot of stuff sucks (oh hell, I'm a professional an I said sucks) but the people that post here want help in a constructive way. I know that it sometimes means constructive criticism, but, be gentile if possible. We're all in the same boat and just need a bit of advice

Peace all,

Joel Jackson"

You're right. I stepped over the line and apologize to everyone, especially to Aaron.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]