BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Is this Research Study Real?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen
Is this Research Study Real?
on Jan 4, 2008 at 10:39:44 pm

After seeing this quote on at least a dozen video production websites and not finding a link to the actual study the question is is this study for real and how old is it?

"A research study from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania shows the response rate from video presentations can be up to 600% higher than from printed brochures and other materials."

I've seen articles from 1992 where a videographer stated this quote so how relevant is this information and why do so many video websites quote information that isn't verified.

Stephen Jackson
RoaDDoggZ productions
http://www.roaddoggz.com
"The Top Dog in Film/Video Production"

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Is this Research Study Real?
on Jan 5, 2008 at 5:05:10 am

4 out of 5 dentists recommend Crest.
1 in 3 kids prefer the nutty taste of Honey Nut Cheerios over the supermarket brand.
99% of computers have Flash player.

Statistics like these are part of advertising.

Personally, I also prefer the satisfying taste of Honeycomb!

But seriously, if your clients need to be fed these kind of statistics to give you money, maybe they are not the kind of clients you need.

I know it is not your website we are talking about.

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 5, 2008 at 3:27:38 pm

[Mike Cohen] "But seriously, if your clients need to be fed these kind of statistics to give you money, maybe they are not the kind of clients you need."

I disagree. The more savvy the client, the more likely he wants, needs, or knows the numbers. It's certainly part of my pitch - otherwise, it feels like just throwing money at advertising. Smaller companies tend to do what their competitors are doing - that is, sending ad money into the black hole of marginal returns.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jan 5, 2008 at 3:44:00 pm

It is true that statistics are part of marketing.

I guess there are two approaches - you are marketing to potential clients who do not know they need a video - or you are marketing to potential clients who know they need a video, they just do not have a vendor yet.

The former needs to be convinced video is the way to go, the latter needs a good sales pitch on the quality of your services.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]