BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Venture Capital....

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim BakerVenture Capital....
by on Nov 7, 2007 at 4:03:01 pm

Hello all...don't think I am crazy...but,

I am currently looking for contacts with Venture Capital groups, preferably in the South East for ease of meeting, that would be interested in capitalizing my companies expansion and growth. Quick ROI(24 months)possible and the potential for continued investing once the initial return is realized.

I am expanding to staff up for a production that I have developed that will require web producers, graphic artists, multiple camera crews and gear, and expanded offices w/warehousing. Looking for a minimum of $2 million.

Any guidance or contacts would be most appreciated. Many investment groups offer really good "finders fees" to those that bring them a good risk investment opportunity...so don't be stingy with those Rolodex's.

Not really looking for Angel Investors...they look for way too much of a return from what I can tell.

Thanks so much,

Tim

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: Venture Capital....
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 5:11:12 am

Try the SBA. http://www.sba.org/

If you have a stellar record and clean books, it's easy money.

They also finance featuure films, which most folks don't realize.

Don't forget my 5%. And, I'll let it ride.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 on the way.

Return to posts index

Steve WargoBig OOPS
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 5:13:08 am

http://www.sba.gov/

Sorry bout that.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 on the way.

Return to posts index

Steve WargoAnd this too...
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 5:16:01 am

Check with a SCORE office to get the ball rolling.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 on the way.

Return to posts index

Tim BakerRe: And this too...
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:22:29 pm

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the info, but I looked at SBA and it really scared the dooty out of me for one main reason. Since it sounds like you have some experience, maybe you can tell me if my impression is correct.

From what I can tell the SBA money operates just like a traditional loan...you sign on the dotted line and in 30 days you have a payment due.

Lets say I wanted to start a bakery from the ground up...obviously my construction loan would be mostly deferred, but once that is done I start making payments on that...then the other SBA money that I would obviously need I would already be making payments on before a lot of my ovens are installed and personnel are hired. I would be making payments before sell one loaf of bread. I don't understand how they expect you to be able to do that.

The only way I figured a person could do that would be to actually borrow say 40% more than you think you may need just so you can use it to make payments...that sounds a little cannibalistic to me...you are already eating yourself before you are in business.

I am so confused...obviously.

Thanks for any guidance you may have.

Tim

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: And this too...
by on Nov 8, 2007 at 4:55:38 pm

I believe that their feature film loan is different. I haven't done this but I know someone who did. I'll see if I can dig him up. He was 65 when he did it so I might be doing just that.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 on the way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]