BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Rates in UK

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margus
Rates in UK
on Oct 29, 2007 at 7:52:07 am

Hi.

I wonder what are the studio rates in UK.

I have Mac Pro based Final Cut editing station and some
"buddys" want to offer us to agencies there but i have no
idea of the rates.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Mike_S
Re: Rates in UK
on Oct 30, 2007 at 4:01:58 pm

Here in the UK, Mac / FCP edit stations range all the way from excellent, well equipped, well supported broadcast and HD capable systems with a range of decks, good monitoring, regular maintenance and top editors through to domestic nearly-works editing. The rates vary accordingly.

And the UK is not really "one market" in that sense - there's are big differences according to geography, even within the high-end / broadcast sector of the market.

So what rates you could command would depend on where in the spectrum of edit facilities you might fit, the geographical base of your possible customers (affecting the prices on their doorstep), and how you would get around or discount for the inconveniences of remote editing.

And of course rate card rates are sometimes negotiable.

All that said, do you trust your "buddies" to play straight? If there's no profit on it for them in promoting your services, then they probably won't. Adding an agent between client and edit facility doesn't seem likely to make things better and easier for either customer or for you ...!

Return to posts index

Glaremedia
on Nov 3, 2007 at 7:03:58 pm

Top end company THE MILL charge

Return to posts index

Margus
on Nov 10, 2007 at 8:22:49 am

Hi.

It clears it all up.

Thaks :)