BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

E & O insurance

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DakotaCurtE & O insurance
by on Oct 24, 2007 at 1:53:18 pm

Does anyone have errors and omissions insurance that is specialized for video production and post production? Often times our industry is difficult to understand for people like bankers and insurance agents. My agent can only find E & O insurance for producing and distributing a movie or TV project. The bulk of our work is TV commercials for local markets. Our agent feels this is what I need, but I hestiate. What does the forum think?

Thank you,

Curt Friesen
Dakota Video & Post Productions

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic PlasticRe: E & O insurance
by on Oct 24, 2007 at 5:30:20 pm

Unless you have really huge budgets for these spots (and since you said they were local-market television commercials, I'm guessing the budgets aren't gigantic), I wouldn't think E&O would be needed... or the issue even ever come up.

I can't say that I've ever heard of E&O for a local television spot production... that's not to say that it doesn't exist or that there aren't some people out there that don't use it, but it would be news to me.

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

beenyweeniesRe: E & O insurance
by on Oct 26, 2007 at 4:10:46 pm

I agree with Todd. And while it is NOT a replacement for E&O, you should at least have a clause in your production contract stating that the client agrees to binding arbitration should any dispute arise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved