BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Logo Design Help

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim in OmahaLogo Design Help
by on Oct 11, 2007 at 2:01:58 pm

I'm having trouble getting started with designing my logo. So I thought that I would check to see if anyone here has worked with a good logo design company.

Tim T
Fence Post Creative
Omaha, NE

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic PlasticRe: Logo Design Help
by on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:49:05 pm

Contact me off forum, if you like... we don't maintain a logo section in our website portfolio, but I have a composite sheet I can send you....

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Logo Design Help
by on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:52:17 pm

Try asking in the broadcast designers forum. I have seen some web-based logo "foundries" that will throw something together for you, a google search will locate those. Sometimes they are okay for things like redesigning your business cards or the like, but I find their quality very uneven and a lot of them have a sort of cookie-cutter approach.

There are also some services out there where you can have artists bid to do the work for you, my wife likes one called You post the particulars of the job you want done, a price range, then the site gives some matches to artists willing to do the work for that price, with links to samples of their work. The site takes a cut of the job if you accept the terms, but also, every artist that belongs tot he site and bids on the job gets a little taste of the final fee, not just the one that wins the bid. This is a refinement to the process that helps prevent lowballing bids that wind up incomplete. Costs a slight bit more but the wife thinks it's worth it. You might want to scope that place out.

Return to posts index

beenyweeniesRe: Logo Design Help
by on Oct 11, 2007 at 4:49:31 pm

My suggestion would be to hire a freelancer rather than a company to create it for you, by posting an ad or two in the "creative gigs" section of craigslist or your local classifieds.

You can ask to see samples from respondents and select an artist based on whether their work matches the look you are going for. Using a freelancer also means you will likely get more bang for your buck and will be able to work more closely with them to get it exactly right.

Return to posts index

PeabodyRe: Logo Design Help
by on Oct 11, 2007 at 6:50:31 pm

What you don't want to do is "throw something together".
Your logo is you identity and should be chosen with care.
Hire an expert, and cheap out on other stuff,
Even if it's a word logo have it done right in an appropriate font.

Return to posts index

ArniepixRe: Logo Design Help
by on Oct 12, 2007 at 3:03:29 pm

This might be an opportunity to start a relationship with a good freelance graphic artist. Shop around for someone to do the logo for you, but while your at it, keep an eye towards your future graphics needs. Will the same person be able to create lower 3rds? Show opens? Opening/closing titles? Design your web site? Your mailers? Your letterhead?

You may not want 1 person for all of the above, but it wouldn't hurt if they could work on at least some of these things in the future.

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

Return to posts index

RennieRe: Logo Design Help
by on Oct 12, 2007 at 7:08:17 pm

An interesting experience I had was with an old school sign painter. He did everything by hand with a brush. He took one look at my business card (which I proudly created myself complete with logo) and he literally tore it apart! In 5 minutes he took all the info and rearranged it and I saw instantly the logic behind his suggestions. He then walked through my studio muttering under his breath "what do I see, what do I see" He created a logo with a grahiic of a focusing spot with barn doors and an umbrella which blew me away. I used it for everything and people often said to me "we picked you because we liked your ad in the yellow pages the best"

In these modern times manufacturers bombard us with ads compelling us to buy their computers and software so we can easily do just about everything ourselves. Prior to the release of said software there was a 5 year aprenticeship required to learn the skillset. I'm with the other posters here in saying "work with a professional"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved