BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Question for Nick Griffin

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emre Tufekci
Question for Nick Griffin
on Oct 6, 2007 at 12:34:49 am

Hello Nick,

I am located in college park MD and I am looking for a good CPA to turn my business into a company. Anybody you can recommend in our area that understands our line of work?

Thanks in advance

PS: Your 12 things I knew article was quite a guiding light in the last year.

Emre
http://www.productionpit.com
Boxx Tech PC, dual-dual AMD 2.0,4BG ram,Avidexpress HD w/Mojo,UVW-1800,DSR-25, Adobe production studio.

"Creative cow is udder madness."

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Question for Nick Griffin
on Oct 6, 2007 at 3:45:26 pm

Emre-
We're located north of Baltimore, so probably a tad far to go from College Park. But if you still want the recommendation we use Callan & Palmer, a firm of about 7-8 people, 4 of whom I believe have their CPAs.

BUT, they know very little of the specifics of the production business and I don't think it's all that important that they do. What is important is having a good handle on small, closely-held businesses in general. When it comes to accounting and taxes I doubt there's much difference between what we do and what a small machine shop does. We both require an investment in machinery which is amortized over as few years as IRS rules will allow. We both can have employees, or not. And in both businesses the purpose of a knowledgeable accountant is to help you get the highest return from your business LEGALLY.

Hope this helps and glad you liked the 12 Things piece.

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci
Re: Question for Nick Griffin
on Oct 7, 2007 at 12:42:28 am

Thank you Nick,

Hopefully I can drop by sometime and meet you in person.

Sincerely,

Emre
http://www.productionpit.com
Boxx Tech PC, dual-dual AMD 2.0,4BG ram,Avidexpress HD w/Mojo,UVW-1800,DSR-25, Adobe production studio.

"Creative cow is udder madness."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]