BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Producer & Director Day Rates

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Bennett in Madison, WIProducer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 24, 2007 at 7:01:57 pm

I

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Producer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 26, 2007 at 3:14:25 pm

Those rates are actually outstanding. For the Atlanta market, $500/day is the going rate for a Producer / Director. Some folks get more, but not many.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

Timothy J. AllenRe: Producer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 27, 2007 at 2:06:15 am

Yep. Here in Texas, I've been seeing between $500-$850 for most projects.

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic PlasticRe: Producer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 27, 2007 at 3:22:55 pm

For directorial only... that is, showing up with no crew, equipment, or hardware except for the two director's "must haves" (director's finder and baseball cap) we usually bill $175/hr.

I will say though that it's a very rare thing indeed, at least in this market, for a client to call and need a producer or director only. The call is almost always for a full production crew and equipment... director, producer, DP, lights/camera/sound/support and all the toys. I'd say it's been more than a year since we've even had an inquiry seeking director only. I'm sure it's different in other markets.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Bennett in Madison, WIRe: Producer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 27, 2007 at 4:15:15 pm

Todd,

Thanks for replying to my post. So you

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic PlasticRe: Producer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 27, 2007 at 5:17:37 pm

[Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI] "So you

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Producer & Director Day Rates
by on Aug 29, 2007 at 1:23:17 am

I think in our market (Madison) a producer day rate is anywhere between $400 and $700 a day. For directing, it depends on the project, but for most B2B video projects I would say that $1000 a day or more is pretty high. Budgets these days are more like $800 a day for typical corporate video directing. I can see more for a regional TV spot with a higher profile and when the director is chosen for a particular skill.

Most corporate clients would be surprised to see $1000 a day for producing a corporate video, and equally surprised if the directing rate was more than that much. Again, depends on budget, profile of the piece and perhaps distribution.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]