BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Please welcome David Roth Weiss to the Business forum team

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathlyn Lindeboom
Please welcome David Roth Weiss to the Business forum team
on Jul 13, 2007 at 6:21:16 pm

Hello Everybody,

I just wanted to take a moment of your time to introduce our newest leader in the COW, David Roth Weiss. He has joined the team here in the Business forum and if you have been reading the Creative COW Magazine, you know that David is a savvy guy whose articles are also a great addition to the knowledge-base of the COW.

So please welcome David to the forum team.

It is an honor to have you here with us, David. I'd let Ron welcome you but then it would likely turn into a gag intro and then you boys would be at each other with a round of jibes. :o)

Kindest regards,

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Please welcome David Roth Weiss to the Business forum team
on Jul 13, 2007 at 6:41:56 pm

Me and David, argue? Never! :o)

Wow, David hosting in a COW forum? Hell hath indeed frozen over, it appears. We have been asking David to join the COW Team for years. We enticed him with stories of fame and fortune...

"Instead, they got me writing for Creative COW Magazine and now my sainted Mother thinks I have joined some kind of Hindu cult," says David.

We plied him with drink...

"Yeah, right! If you call tap water 'drink'," says David.

We bribed him with money...

"Say what?!#@?!?," says David. "If you did, I guess the check's in the mail, right?"

Exactly, David.

But the one thing he couldn't resist was when we told him that he could join the COW's Business forum team...

"Hot damn! Now we're talking," says David. "Nick Griffin & Company are my heroes. If they were a band, they'd be Pink Floyd -- well, except that no one wears pink. You don't, do you guys?"

We won't tell, David. But we do indeed hear that maybe one or two have journeyed to the Dark Side of the Moon. But that is a story for another day.

In the meantime, David Roth Weiss has joined the COW Team. Now *that's* as good as a Pink Floyd tour or something. Well, almost -- except that David doesn't have any helium filled pigs or all them lasers or fireworks. But he does have a dog and that's gotta count for something -- right, David???

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jul 13, 2007 at 7:04:39 pm

Wearing PINK??? Where did you get those photos?? It's all Photoshop, I swear to God.

Seriously, welcome David to the AARP forum where most of us have grey hair and the majority of the discussion this week seems to be on ageism. Your wisdom and eloquence are a fine addition to our humble pasture.

-Nick Griffin

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 13, 2007 at 7:43:36 pm

[Nick Griffin] "Your wisdom and eloquence are a fine addition to our humble pasture."

Thank you Nick,

Coming from a master, that means an awful lot... Its great to be here!I'm quite pleased to be in such great company and I look forward to sharing my thoughts on many of the truly meaningful topics that are part and parcel of this most informative forum.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 14, 2007 at 4:53:40 pm

Hi David,

A worthy addition to the heading of heads at the top of the page for sure.

I've enjoyed reading your insights as a "civilian" here for some time. Seeing you up top is a mere formality...

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 14, 2007 at 5:00:16 pm

Welcome David! Good to see your head hung high! Um.... you know what I mean.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Broadcast and independent productions.

All Things Apple Podcast! http://cowcast.creativecow.net/all_things_apple/index.html

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 14, 2007 at 5:36:57 pm

Thanks Walter!!! Glad to be aboard and perched up here with you and all these other handsome fellas. BTW, I've grown my ghotee back so I can be just as cool as everyone else here... We'll get the new pix up soon.

This forum is a great place to share and a wonderful continued learning experience for even the most seasoned among us. I'm really pleased to be part of the team.

Regards,
David

David Roth Weiss
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 14, 2007 at 5:44:41 pm

Thanks so much Tim,

I've been reading your prosaic musings for years now all over the Cow, and I'm happy to finally shed my "civis" just to be able to hang and chew cudd with you all of you big bulls here on the back forty.

David

David Roth Weiss
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 14, 2007 at 10:18:09 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "I've been reading your prosaic musings for years now all over the Cow, and I'm happy to finally shed my "civis" just to be able to hang and chew cudd with you all of you big bulls here on the back forty."

"Prosaic"...dictionary.com (a site I require often to augment my diminutive mental muscle) defines this as "lacking wit or imagination".

Ummm...not sure how to take that. Sometimes I have wit...and I imagine stuff all the time.

As long as "bull" refers to something other than my post content, I guess I can let it slide...

If you're going to raz me David, I need single syllable words.

:-)

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Retraction
on Jul 15, 2007 at 12:26:13 am

[Tim Kolb] ""Prosaic""

Tim,

Yikes!!! Forgive me, please, for I messed up.

I swear, I'm throwing my keyboard out immediately. Its possessed. Honestly, I typed "poetic" in that space and instead a disparaging word I don't even know wound up there. My face is turning many shades of red.

David

David Roth Weiss
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Retraction
on Jul 15, 2007 at 5:41:56 am

[David Roth Weiss] "
I swear, I'm throwing my keyboard out immediately. Its possessed. Honestly, I typed "poetic" in that space"

ROTFL!

:-)

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 13, 2007 at 7:24:31 pm

Thanks Ron & Kathlyn,

I guess you could say I've finally made it out to pasture (sort of), and in great company too. The dialgue on the Business & Marketing Forum has always been among the most lively, empassioned and important on the Cow, and I'm pleased to be of part of that and to be part of this fine group of Cow leaders. Thanks for having me...

David

David Roth Weiss
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Timothy J. Allen
on Jul 19, 2007 at 2:05:51 am

Hello, David,
I've also enjoyed your contribution to this forum and I'm really happy to have you here.

Your article in the My/June article of Creative Cow magazine was spot on.

As you know, no matter what the budget, it's important to balance the three sides of that "golden paradigm" for your clients and really communicate the tradeoffs.

I hope to discuss your article further in a separate thread, but for now, I'll just say "Welcome"!

Timothy Allen

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 19, 2007 at 2:30:10 am

[Timothy J. Allen] "I hope to discuss your article further in a separate thread, but for now, I'll just say "Welcome"!"

Thanks Tim,

Great being here with you and the others in the gang. I look forward to discussing my article with you as well as the many other topics that are certain to come our way in the future.

All the best,
David

David Roth Weiss
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

GaryAlan
on Jul 14, 2007 at 11:38:51 pm

Welcome David,

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine...

Gary

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jul 15, 2007 at 12:46:03 am

So, were you the walrus or the one who killed Paul???

Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]