BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Production/Project Management

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre GProduction/Project Management
by on Jul 13, 2007 at 2:06:46 am

Hi there,

Can any one recommend/mention a good list of questions to ask clients to establish a production/project management plan?

I have just commenced in the video/multimedia production business.

Kind Regards

Return to posts index

Travis HuntRe: Production/Project Management
by on Sep 17, 2007 at 6:52:09 am

Hi Andre,

The following is a list of some of the questions I ask potential clients before commencing any prodcution. Although I use these questions more for assistance in determining the correct budget for production, I think they could help you with production/project management plan preparation.

What are your main objectives. (ie. what problems do you want to solve through your video)

Who is your target audience? List all relevant (ie: employees, investors, contractors,etc).

What are your main communication messages?

In what countries will the video be shown? Include whether they will need any regional translations.

Would you like us to research and write your script?

If no, would you prefer us to check your script to make sure that it works for television?

Will your staff feature or will you need actors/models? If talent will be required, how many? And do you need us to scout talent?

Where will the filming be undertaken? List all locations.

Do you have any footage that we can use? If yes, what is available and in what format?

How many days filming do you estimate will be needed
(call me on 123456 or email if you need help)

Are any special graphics or animated sequences required. If yes, briefly list the requirement.

Is there an established budget for this project?

Is there any additional information you believe we need to know.

Hopefully this helps?

Travis Hunt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved