BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

creating 22 min show & getting sponsered

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jmill0823creating 22 min show & getting sponsered
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 9:50:54 pm

Does anyone have any experience with creating a 30 min show (22 minutes after breaks)? We are working on one currently and we were wondering where to put the commercial breaks. Also, even more important...this is a show about tailgating at a university which we would like to try to run on a sports channel or public broadcasting...does anyone know the standard procedure for acquiring a sponser for the show and what the usual asking price is for a show like this?

thanks so much,

Return to posts index

GaryAlanRe: creating 22 min show & getting sponsered
by on Jul 14, 2007 at 11:46:33 pm

I recently did five shows for a network that were HD and SD letterboxed. They required 21 minutes and I forgot the seconds. It depends on what the network and client wants. The editor had some freedom on the segments, but there had to be four segments somewhat close in duration with an open and close added in. The open had a fixed duration and the close was always adjusted to make up the difference in what was needed to reech the tota time. In other words the durations of credits could have been speeded up or slowed down. It just had to add up to 21:20 I believe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved