BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Web hosting for video

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank j. LozanoWeb hosting for video
by on Jun 18, 2007 at 5:40:48 pm

Do you have recomendations for a web hosting service that supports video well? What web site features or functions are useful if I mainly want clients to see my work, but also see drafts of their project?

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Web hosting for video
by on Jun 18, 2007 at 10:30:30 pm

Check out

Sites are cheap and there's no magic "video" package needed. Get yourself a copy of MS Frontpage, do a little research into how to post videos or make a template like the one I use.

For example:

Typically I use a format for qt's set a 400x300, but you define video size. I seriously doubt you'll be using more than your alotted bandwidth.

The benefits to this are, you can password protect sites, your qt videos load gradually, as opposed to forcing you to wait until the whole thing downloads, which is what happens when you reference a .mov file instead of a .htm (web page) file. Your clients will be happier and so will you. Literally dozens of clients have remarked at how easy it is for them to view my qt's because I don't force them to FTP or anything annoying like that.

You could even add a "post comments" box at the bottom so that Clients can all see each other's notes. How cool is that?

Hope that helps,

Return to posts index

Frank j. LozanoRe: Web hosting for video
by on Jun 19, 2007 at 4:33:05 pm

Thank John, this helps. I like the colorization on Pretty Love. How'd you do that?

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Web hosting for video
by on Jun 19, 2007 at 6:25:23 pm

Thanks Frank.

For the first section, we added a color glow in FCP with a green hue and some simple color correction (the talent was very pale). The second section was just 80% desaturation and cranked up contrast. The crowd section was all bluescreen composited in AE 3D with moving cameras built to simulate a real concert wire camera rig. Add a few AE color glows and volumetric lights panning around (using particular's lux) and voila, you have a low budget redneck music video :-).

It was a fun chance for us to expand into other areas besides promos/commercials. The ultimate goal was to make it seem like these guys have a huge fanbase (hence the big fake concert) so that corporate fatcats in Nashville would take notice and sign them. It's sort of a reverse of what corporations due to viewers when they fake product shots, etc.
Nothing execs like more than the bandwagon sell. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved