BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

shoot insurance

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
coale david
shoot insurance
on May 16, 2007 at 2:18:28 pm

I have a small company that produces projects ranging from broadcast spots to marketing DVD's and even some web. Since I started 3 years ago, I carried Inland Marine insurance to cover crew/equip during field production, getting the usual COI's issued. Of course, for my small company, this insurance is very expensive and since its renewal time, I'm exploring options.

The issue is that there are times (depending on the projects we're working on) that I may not be in the field shooting for almost 3 months at a stretch, and then others where I get 6 COI's issues in a month. Is there such a thing as a la carte insurance? A company that issues short-term policies that I could bill back on a per project basis?

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: shoot insurance
on May 20, 2007 at 7:18:28 am

that is not how insurance works. there is a ton of paperwork involved in writing a package. That's why you buy car insurance in 6 month chunks.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

coale david
on May 22, 2007 at 8:01:18 pm

Any recommendations of a company that specializes in production insurance? Currently with The Hartford, which has always given me good service, its strictly a matter of the yearly dollars spent for occasional use....

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 23, 2007 at 6:59:28 am

I've had insurance from Hartford since 1990. No problems unless your gear is worth more than $125,000. That is their limit.

For feature films...http://www.buyproductioninsurance.com

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Tim Baker
on May 30, 2007 at 1:08:31 am

Hey Coale,

I have used a company DeWitt/Stern 1(818)623-1170 out of Studio City for many years now and have had great luck.

I carry constant Inland Marine underwritten by Fireman's Fund.

I can do daily/pro-rated riders for just the days that I am on location...usually around $500 per day. And have it on a quick turnaround.

For me...like you...that is a great option, since I dont need it on a continual basis either.

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]