BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Basic Guidance for a Beginner - thanks in advance!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark TreichlyBasic Guidance for a Beginner - thanks in advance!
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 8:00:22 am

I want to start a local cable tv show, the goal is 3 months from now. I will use final cut pro and would kindly appreciate advice on a few things. I am going to teach myself final cut pro for basic editing of the interviews/stories which I will shoot myself.

I) I would like an intro animation/graphic thing like your basic cable tv show has. Can I pay someone to create this and then import it into final cut pro? Anybody do this kind of work?

II) I would also like the a nice bar thing at the bottom of the screen for interviews(like news networks have, with their logo/colors, name of person speaking and subject) Can I also have this 'effect' created and then import it myself and edit the text for each show?
Anybody do this kind of work?

I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

My email: mtreichly@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Basic Guidance for a Beginner - thanks in advance!
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 12:53:19 pm

[Mark Treichly] "I want to start a local cable tv show, the goal is 3 months from now."

Have you already sold the concept to the local cable operator and/or secured funding for this?

[Mark Treichly] "
I) I would like an intro animation/graphic thing like your basic cable tv show has. Can I pay someone to create this and then import it into final cut pro? Anybody do this kind of work?"

Yes, you can find thousands of graphic artists / designers out there. Simply give them the specs of your project and they can create something for you.

[Mark Treichly] "II) I would also like the a nice bar thing at the bottom of the screen for interviews"

If you're going to work in television, please take the time to learn proper terminology. That "bar thing" is called a lower third or a super bar. Again, any graphic artist / designer who designs for television can create something to your specs.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

gregRe: Basic Guidance for a Beginner - thanks in advance!
by on Mar 15, 2007 at 8:36:48 pm

To add onto Walter's comment

Remember that quality is key. Just because you own a gourmet oven, doesn't mean that you can decide to be a gourmet chef. The same holds true for video. The tools do not make the producer or editor.

What ever you put on the air represents you. Have a poor quality show, and people will not take you seriously. It will be quite the contrary.

For graphics, consider looking at Digital Juice. They have many different backgrounds and lower third titles that work great in Final Cut Pro.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Basic Guidance for a Beginner - thanks in advance!
by on Mar 16, 2007 at 2:36:05 pm

This sounds like a local access type program, so the stress should be less. FCP and Apple Motion together can create a lot of beautiful graphics for your show, including titles, opens, lower-thirds, bumpers, and end credits. Yes, you can hire all this done for you, or check out the many tips at Digital Juice, which caters to a lot of entry-level people as well as more experienced folks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]