BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Where to get floorplans for new studio

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.Where to get floorplans for new studio
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:11:05 pm

Hi Fellow Cows,

We are in the process of moving our studios possibly to land that we've had for a while.

Are there any websites out there that give blueprints or floor plans of existing production facilities? We can only find a couple that we dinner theaters. Our sq. footage would roughly be 7000-8000 sq. ft.

If there are no websites how about companies that you know of? Maybe the ones that designed the national news studios

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Where to get floorplans for new studio
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:45:32 pm

best bet is to contact some studio design / engineering firms to get some ideas. When I built a facility in Connecticut back in the 90's, I sketched out some ideas first, then called in a broadcast engineering company out of Boston. They looked at what I sketched, gave me feedback and over the course of a couple of months, we completed a design and they built it.

Initial Consultations are free, so definitely call in some folks and pick their brain a bit. You'll probably end up hiring someone to assist with the move anyway and it will probably be someone who consulted with you.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Del HolfordRe: Where to get floorplans for new studio
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:50:01 pm

see response in Broadcast Video forum.

fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>