BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Where to get floorplans for new studio

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
Where to get floorplans for new studio
on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:11:05 pm

Hi Fellow Cows,

We are in the process of moving our studios possibly to land that we've had for a while.

Are there any websites out there that give blueprints or floor plans of existing production facilities? We can only find a couple that we dinner theaters. Our sq. footage would roughly be 7000-8000 sq. ft.

If there are no websites how about companies that you know of? Maybe the ones that designed the national news studios

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Where to get floorplans for new studio
on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:45:32 pm

best bet is to contact some studio design / engineering firms to get some ideas. When I built a facility in Connecticut back in the 90's, I sketched out some ideas first, then called in a broadcast engineering company out of Boston. They looked at what I sketched, gave me feedback and over the course of a couple of months, we completed a design and they built it.

Initial Consultations are free, so definitely call in some folks and pick their brain a bit. You'll probably end up hiring someone to assist with the move anyway and it will probably be someone who consulted with you.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Where to get floorplans for new studio
on Mar 8, 2007 at 2:50:01 pm

see response in Broadcast Video forum.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2