BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Change Orders

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GregChange Orders
by on Feb 26, 2007 at 3:18:09 pm

I finally signed a contract with a client after a long series of meetings and emails saying the deposit was coming. Now that I have it, I'm very certain that he's going to adding/changing some things as we move forward. I'd really like to keep him signed off on changes and how they affect the price of the project. Does anyone here have a change order form they would be willing to share with me? I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Change Orders
by on Feb 27, 2007 at 3:14:02 pm

"I authorize the expenditure of an additional ____ hours of editing time over and above the originally stipulated period, for the purpose of _______________________________________________."

Something like that?

When I make a deal for editing, they get one revision session for free. That is, I make the show with them there or alone, they screen it for whomever signs the checks, and if there are changes to be made, or errors found, that first re-do is generally free. Any further changes after that are a brand new deal, as if it is a separate job, paying full rates. Of course, the hours for that second fix if called for will likely be way shorter, since it is invariably another massaging of what is already there, and the elements are all still loaded up and ready.

But what if they left, everything seemed okay and approved, and you dumped the drives and started loading up another client's work when they suddenly come screaming back in with an urgent change?

If it's something I screwed-up, I eat that.

If it's another change from the client that can never make up their mind, or they spelled something wrong on a text file they gave me, or got someone's lower-third title wrong, they can pay full-boat rates including time spent re-loading footage and it's a toss-up whether I can fit them in or have to make them wait their turn.

Return to posts index

GregRe: Change Orders
by on Feb 27, 2007 at 3:55:20 pm

Thanks Mark... This is for a whole package including shooting and editing a video which ay require additional days and travel depending on the script. Also it includes graphic animations which may also change, and lastly it involves several print pieces that were not icluded in the original proposal.

What I'm looking for is some kind of form that folks here use that I can use for a template as I move forward. Looking for the wording as well.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved