BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

creative ideas

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinnercreative ideas
by on Feb 15, 2007 at 6:24:47 pm

My delima is not a new one at all, just looking for some creaivity from da cow.
I have a series of DVDs I have made, not so much for profit but as business cards to build enough hype to successfully sell a tv show on my own. I just released the 3rd one and my loyal cult following (all 50 of em ;) typicly scoopes 50-100 up the first night. After that, sales trickle to maybe that same amount over the course of time. The show revolves around car enthusiasts so I have been advertising it on car enthusiast forums at at events all over the nation. The budget is nada and I am at a point where this project needs much more exposure.
So, share you creative ways of getting this out there more without paying for advertising.
Press releases, ect. I'd like to hear em all.
thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: creative ideas
by on Feb 15, 2007 at 10:05:17 pm

You should explore a postcard campaign. The cost of printing 1000 postcards and post-card postage should be manageable. Perhaps you could rent a mailing list of car enthusiasts.

Explore auto shows or local car conventions. Perhaps there is a way to get your postcard into the registration packets.

Have you put your show on YouTube? Put the first episode online and include a link to your website. If you cross-promote it with groups, channels and video responses you can get a lot of eyeballs.

Those are a few relatively low cost ideas. There is no free lunch!

Mike

Return to posts index

grinnerRe: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 2:55:43 am

lovin your ideas, Mike.
anymore?

Return to posts index

John Davidson (fomerly JNeo25)Re: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 3:11:21 am

Make a website all about your show - find a different program in the same genre of your show and use it as inspiration. Don't copy, that's not creative - but let it give you ideas like, feature bio's of hosts, etc. IF you can make a DVD, you can make a website.

Talk with local car dealers, restorers, mechanics, auto parts stores, etc. Perhaps you can work out some sort of deal where they advertise during your show. Buy an entire 30 minute block of a local station, then turn around and use your advertising to pay for it.

Create a podcast of your show, and refer to the video version of the show often.

Send copies of your show to programming executives at networks that specifically target your show's primary audience.

And if none of that works...."Accidentally" run over someone famous while filming your car show.

JD

John Davidson____ writer | producer | director____http://www.magicfeatherinc.com

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 8:57:34 am

Don't forget to promote yourself as Famous. After all, what are the guidelines for determining if a person is famous? You're famous here. sorta

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

CowdogRe: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 1:10:20 pm

[John Davidson (fomerly JNeo25)] "...if none of that works...."Accidentally" run over someone famous while filming your car show."

Great idea, John. Although I'd offer a variant that is definitely guaranteed to give you national exposure...

Steal cars and hide them, setting out clues as to their whereabouts using DVDs. This will get you known in the press as the DVD Car Thief. Videotape yourself masked but holding up a DVD. Leave them in the cars...

When you get caught, while at your press event talk about your series and how you were driven to this by your love of your art and how the life of an indie filmmaker was all you'd ever dreamed of since you were a kid -- that, and a 409 Chevy lighting up its tires with the police in hot pursuit.

Throw yourself on the mercy of "trial by media" and how that justice is out to lunch and argue that TV is the new courtroom. Ask the DVD buying public to be your judge and jury and that after they hear your story -- at $19.95 a copy -- you will accept their verdict.

Curiosity alone will guarantee you hundreds of sales locally if you don't make the major networks. If you make the majors, the sky is the limit.

Who knows? You may even make an episode on Court TV's "America's Most Wanted." (Wait, that would likely only get you as much action as appearing on one of the local independent channels, so forget about Court TV.)

Ask Bill Kurtis to preside over the hearings. "After all," tell him, "this is just another episode of 'American Justice'" ...the best that money can buy.

If it works, you didn't hear it from me...

Yer pal,

Cowdog

visit my homepage

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 3:27:01 pm

good call on the podcast. Sure there are millions of crappy podcasts. I know, I have downloaded many of them.
But when I find a few good ones about specific topics I am interested in, I become addicted.
There are not many great podcasts, perhaps only one or two in the niche genre in which your show is.
Talk about how you make the shows. Interview the people in the shows.

Promote the podcast on all podcast directories, have a blog/website that relates to each episode.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 4:25:37 pm

Open up a "store" on Ebay or Amazon.com

Replicate and ship discs only as orders come in. No overhead.

Get a deal with a car culture magazine: they will include one of your DVD's free with a new subscription. You take a taste off all the new subscriptions, plus get prominent ad placement in the magazine for your Ebay Motors or Amazon portal. It's synergistic.

Return to posts index

John Davidson (fomerly JNeo25)Re: creative ideas
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 9:17:44 pm

lol, Cowdog that was funny. Although I think we just violated the patriot act....

John Davidson____ writer | producer | director____http://www.magicfeatherinc.com

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: the patriot act...
by on Feb 18, 2007 at 11:20:14 am

Read this

http://www.outlawsmc.com/Cell%20Phone%20Bug.htm

sw

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved