BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Africa travel

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg GlennAfrica travel
by on Feb 2, 2007 at 3:48:33 pm

Howdy All-

I am an "permalance" editor who through luck or necessity has moved into shooting. My client has send me around the US, and now is now sending me to Tanzania!
I'm bringing a prosumer camera, one camera light and 2 lav mic. and various gaffer equipment. I'm buttoned up on the medical and visa aspects of the trip, but among my many remaining questions:

Do I need a carnet for the gear?
What additional insurance should I carry for the gear?
I know I don't know a lot. I have traveled to Europe on vacation, any words of wisdom for travel to a 3rd world country?

Return to posts index

Frank OttoRe: Africa travel
by on Feb 6, 2007 at 8:40:52 am

Take a look in the Cinematography forum. John has an answer ther, in a thread called "CARNETS for the Third World."

Frank Otto

"Design is a process by which you create something for a client who has no idea of what they want until they see your design - then they know what they want, but your design isn't it."

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Africa travel
by on Feb 6, 2007 at 9:51:36 am

To add to John's wisdom. you'll see in the May issue of the COW magazine (yes, already working on May) an article from Barbara and Tom Burstyn on their trip to shoot a documentary in India. They travelled with pretty much exactly your set-up, Greg, and had no problems -- one of the huge advantages of today's smaller cameras...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved