BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

LA 411

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson (fomerly JNeo25)LA 411
by on Jan 29, 2007 at 8:33:35 pm

Anybody actually gotten work for posting your business in this thing? It took about 4-5 months to actually get listed, cost $50, and now, every day, I am solicited by the entire out-of-work population in Los Angeles. The most especially annoying thing is that I'm not getting solicited by anything that I might one day use (editors, designers, etc). It's always like, "Hi John, we'd love to show you our rig truck setup one day soon" or " Can we provide you with a giant 50 foot sign on your next shoot?".

I guess my point is, if you're between gigs and say to yourself "hey, let's advertise our services in a few trade publications" don't expect:

a. Potential clients to see it
b. soliciters to use common sense
c. your listing to go live until long after you no longer need to add a new client.

Oh, and the absolute best, is when my workday gets interrupted repeatedly by random phone calls throughout the day so that I can fill in local idiots who can't read what a PROMO is.

I understand the need to drum up work sometimes, and I also recognize that I did this to myself so I can't complain, but let this be a warning to all our good friends who might be thinking of using this service. You're opening up the door for the whole world to solicit you.

John Davidson____ writer | producer | director____

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved