BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Web, mobile, iPod, etc.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim WilsonWeb, mobile, iPod, etc.
by on Jan 8, 2007 at 3:19:40 pm

Just curious what kind of inquiries you folks are getting for small-format delivery. Nick mentioned that his clients are asking less for HD and more for these kinds of things, and I wonder if that's the case for the rest of the class as well....

Return to posts index

GregRe: Web, mobile, iPod, etc.
by on Jan 8, 2007 at 5:26:25 pm

Hi Tim,

Yep we're getting quite a few small format deliver stuff, like video for websites, quicktime files for
e-learning, and a few clients who have asked us to shoot greenscreen for their flash web sites.

Only one HD video request during the past year.

Return to posts index

Aanarav SareenRe: Web, mobile, iPod, etc.
by on Jan 9, 2007 at 7:42:18 am

Surprisingly, these are the requests I have seen as well. I worked at one of the biggest US networks recently and they had an entire department that was dedicated to creating.....PODCAST GRAPHICS!!

However, I have had my fair share of HD requests as well. But, considering that I upgraded to HD just last year, the requests for small format delivery have increased tremendously. From 0 to in excess of 10 major projects per year.

- Aanarav

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Web, mobile, iPod, etc.
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 12:28:04 am

I bought the Sony M25U HDV deck and the Panasonic DVDProHD deck and since then we are being asked more and more to put video into Powerpoint (MPEG-1 of all things) and cool frontpage videos for web sites.

No fully HD projects yet, but several shot in HD and delivered HD. So the decks see some use, but my encoding apps get a lot more work.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Frank OttoRe: Web, mobile, iPod, etc.
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 9:33:27 am

We're just now begining to see requests for "poddable" video from our sales and long range planners. And now every request for a 720x480 sd video has a 320x wma and usually a .swf or QT file as well.

We're also seeing HD requests for master/original production, but it's being delivered to us for editing as 720x480mpeg2 files for final delivery as mentioned above. I don't get the need for HD originals if the end product is going to be a wma file.

Frank Otto

"Design is a process by which you create something for a client who has no idea of what they want until they see your design - then they know what they want, but your design isn't it."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved