BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

film festivals/broadcast

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lindstromfilm festivals/broadcast
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 8:18:57 pm

I just completed a 77 minute cinema-verite documentary (shot on hdv) following people straight out of detox and prison as they try to rebuild their lives with the help of an innovative program that provides them clean & sober housing, drug treatment and a recovery mentor. The film is hard-hitting and contains frank talk about prison and addiction--i,e. language that "some viewers may find objectionable."

I'd like to find the widest possible audience for this film.

Can anyone suggest possible festivals and broadcasters I should submit to?

Return to posts index

Aanarav SareenRe: film festivals/broadcast
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 9:37:42 pm

I am not sure about festivals, but there are quite a few of them and you can find a comprehensive list online. For the broadcast side of things, take a look at MSNBC. They run a series called MSNBC Investigates with similar story lines. Also, Court TV may be of some interest to you.

However, make sure that you don't take 2 separate routes: broadcast and festivals, because if your film does get picked up by a station, they may prevent you from entering the film into various film festivals.

- Aanarav

Aanarav Sareen

Return to posts index

Brian LindstromRe: film festivals/broadcast
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 10:11:59 pm

Thanks, Aanarav. I'm surprised about not pursuing broadcast and film festivals simultaneously. I thought being selected for festivals might be a way to attract broadcasters. Thanks for your advice.

Return to posts index

Pixel MonkeyRe: film festivals/broadcast
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 12:41:39 am

...many international broadcasters in attendence.

`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey

A picture says 1000 words. Editors give them meaning.

Return to posts index

Bill DewaldRe: film festivals/broadcast
by on Jan 3, 2007 at 2:30:27 am

and - for film festivals

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved