BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Rates? How much should I charge?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Nitkiewicz HernandezRates? How much should I charge?
by on Dec 17, 2006 at 9:04:57 pm

I need to know what is a good rate.

For a dvd motion menu design,

Let me know how this sounds, too much, too little, based on my experience.

2 Motion Menus (after effects and photoshop) and 7 still menus (photoshop) - $200
DVD authoring only, no encoding, just authoring,- $200

Or should I charge by the hour?

How does $25 (U.S) an hour sound based on my experience

Here is my experience. http://www.newelementproductions.com

Please let me know, i have to give a budget to a client pretty soon so he can determine to hire me or not, or to go with the cheaper or better guy, so this is kind of important.

- thanks

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

Clint Nitkiewicz HernandezRe: Rates? How much should I charge?
by on Dec 18, 2006 at 12:58:04 am

Okay, heres some more info...

I want to know how much DVD art designers for like Pixar/Disney earn, to do menus, etc, and how much guys like me earn with smaller movies. Should I be asking for $35 an hour whereas the big shots are earning $50 an hour. Iwould just like a rate sheet so I could establish myself as a freelance designer.

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

GregRe: Rates? How much should I charge?
by on Dec 18, 2006 at 5:06:34 pm

I doubt that "big shots" are ONLY getting $50 per hour. There's a place I use here locally that charges $95 per hour for Authoring, and $75 per hour for menu design. Thay do vey basic stuff, corporate/industrial DVDs

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Rates? How much should I charge?
by on Dec 18, 2006 at 5:31:37 pm

Charging a flat fee is almost always a mistake, charge an hourly fee with a defined minimum. For example, $50 per hour, 2 hour minimum. You also have to have a policy for how many approval/change steps you'll do, and if you charge for that.

Return to posts index

The Matt HallRe: Rates? How much should I charge?
by on Dec 18, 2006 at 5:56:24 pm

I think the main thing is to figure out how much you want to make off this. How much money do you need to make to justify the time you spend? Don't undercharge just to get the work. You'll just end up resenting the job and your client.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]