BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Gettin' paid

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan HumphreyGettin' paid
by on Dec 12, 2006 at 3:51:48 pm

I know this is a big "it depends" type question but I need a place to start. I have been editing for a few years now but it has always been my own material. A director saw my work and liked it so now I have been asked to edit his 20 min short but I have no idea where to start the price conversation. I know it's not likely that I will get a full "industry standard" rate but I am trying to discover what that is so I can keep things in perspective. The project is HDV and I will be editing in FCP and doing effects work in After Effects for some small muzzle flash type effects. So if you are a professional editor working in the Seattle market how much would you charge to cut a 20 minute HDV mocumentary with some After Effects work?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Gettin' paid
by on Dec 12, 2006 at 7:47:27 pm

Have you worked out your day rate yet? Have you checked around at the various regional editing shops to ask for the rate card? Do those two things first.

Then work out how many days worth of work this is likely to be.

That's a starting place.

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: Gettin' paid
by on Dec 14, 2006 at 9:59:48 pm

Have you asked the client what his budget is , that may solve your issue..

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved