BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Wording for Event videoing release

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Zagel
Wording for Event videoing release
on Oct 29, 2006 at 12:03:45 am

Hi
I may be shooting a video tomorrow (Sunday) of a band preforming at a banquet hall. I already have permission from the sponser and the hall. I'll be talking to the band early in the morning. The music is their own so I don't have to worry asbout copyright release from the composer.

Would anyone happen to have some generic wording I could copy onto my letterhead to cover copyright release of the video to me to allow me certain privileges of use regarding the video. In other words I'd want a release to post the video on certain web sites to promote the band. If I were to sell the video it would be in co-operation with producing the video DVD's for the band and any I personally sold the, band would receive a fair share of the profits depending on our agreement.

I just don't have any forms at all. I remember there was a book available with a bunch of forms like this but I'd have to go back through my magazines to find it.

Up until now my technical work has been mostl9y corporate and they owned the video, copyright and me, but I was compensated. Now I'm moving more into the event videography and I think I better collect some approiate forms and releases?

Thanks if you could help me.
Allen

ASX Media Productions
http://www.asxvideo.com

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
Re: Wording for Event videoing release
on Oct 30, 2006 at 12:23:27 pm

RELEASE AGREEMENT
Whereas,

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Oct 30, 2006 at 12:38:55 pm

Odd... my copy n' paste got truncated. Anyway, I can't verify the ironclad legality of this, it's just from a bunch of legal docs I've got.

GROUP RELEASE
Gentlemen:
I, the undersigned, hereby grant permission to to photograph me and to record my voice, performances, poses,
acts, plays and appearances, and use my picture, photograph, silhouette and other reproductions of my physical likeness
and sound as part of the tentatively entitled (the

Return to posts index

Allen Zagel
on Oct 31, 2006 at 2:50:38 am

Hi Bob
Thanks much.

I seem to remember a writup in EventDV and also I think it was DV Magazine about a book from CMP (I believe) with legal forms a videographer can use. The thing was on a CD I believe a few months ago, but for the life of me I can't find the ad or article.

It had all kinds of forms from model releases to location releases, job contracts and whatever. Might be interesting if I could find the ad or article again.
Allen

ASX Media Productions

Return to posts index

Allen Zagel
on Oct 31, 2006 at 3:56:05 am

Unzarjones

Thank you very much for that link. It really helps.

Allen

ASX Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]