BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

high school football highlight tape

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandonhigh school football highlight tape
by on Oct 3, 2006 at 5:20:35 am

My old high school football coach wanted me to put together their season highlight tape, with an intro to made in After Effects, about 20 seconds long. Plus some other graphic enhancements, including some rotoscoping of about 5 seconds or so. It's going to be pretty good quality graphics and the highlight tape is going to be approximately 30 mins. Should I charge a flat rate? By the hour? What should I charge? I tried to look up to see if anyone else has a webpage for sports highlight videos that they create. Has anyone else done this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: high school football highlight tape
by on Oct 3, 2006 at 5:42:35 pm

Flat rate will always mea you either overcharge or undercharge and neither is good. Stick to an hourly rate with perhaps a minimum base rate.

Return to posts index

Del HolfordRe: high school football highlight tape
by on Oct 3, 2006 at 7:53:50 pm

[Brandon] "My old high school football coach"
How old is he? Can he still catch you in a footrace? This is important if he dislikes your work!
Just kidding. I'd think hourly would be best as the AE open could take longer than the rest of your highlight video and you don't want to shortchange yourself. After you see what that adds up to you might want to offer a discount for old times sake (or not).

fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Jay CurtisRe: high school football highlight tape
by on Oct 4, 2006 at 7:42:35 pm

Before you go any further, ask him how much he thinks he wants to spend.

If you have an hourly rate you're comfortable with, look at how many hours you have to work with based on his overall budget. Then you decide if you can do quality work within the number of hours he's willing to pay you for.

If you don't have an hourly rate, then you're guessing. Are you willing to do the work for the amount he's willing to pay?

Then there's the emotional connection, which may be the reason he called you in the first place. Are you willing to give him more than he's paying for, just "for old time's sake?" If so, that's great -- just make sure you're going in with both eyes open.

Jay Curtis

Blue Vase Productions

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: high school football highlight tape
by on Oct 5, 2006 at 5:48:23 pm

All I could think of when he said "my old football coach called" old coach would be paying double...

Yeah, who's laughing now Mr. Run some laps Cuevas!...

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved