BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Finding salary info

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew SchuurmannFinding salary info
by on Sep 29, 2006 at 3:49:27 pm

Is there a resource to find info on salary ranges for specific post production positions in specific markets/areas? I'm feeling like I'm probably underpaid in my position for my years of experience/skill set, but I only have anecdotal evidence -- no hard data.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Return to posts index

Mike_SRe: Finding salary info
by on Sep 30, 2006 at 11:29:45 am

Hi Andrew. You may be underpaid ... but I've yet to meet the person in business who felt she or he was overpaid. If you feel you are worth more, why not ask for it - or look for another job offer which will give you what you feel you're worth?

You don't indicate what country, let alone what market you're in, but most industrialised countries publish national income data which gives comprehensive information on levels of employment and average earnings within different occupations, and perhaps there's a professional assocation based where you are which can offer guidance?

In a market, a price is only a price when it has a willing buyer - your employer - and a willing (in the sense of accepting, rather than ecstatic) seller - in this case, you, selling your labour. So just what you bring to the party, and just what market conditions affect your employer's business, will both be relevant here.

Return to posts index

shvrRe: Finding salary info
by on Oct 2, 2006 at 3:36:21 am

Check out

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved